Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2017 10:26:05 AM EDT
I went ahead and ordered the LAW Folding Stock Adapter. CMMG 9mm Bolt (Both on sale at Brownells) and KVP 7.5oz Stainless Buffer and .308 Spring. Looking forward to receiving these.
would like any feedback from those who have tried this set up.

My present AR 9 is a PSA 7.5" barreled upper and a PSA Colt Lower with Shockwave Brace and Tube.

Present Configuration:

Over All length 23.5" , Looking to obtain 18" Folded ((A Little more Backpack Friendly)

All items in the mail, I will post Pics when Assembled.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The buffer makes no difference. Standard buffer/extension compatibility applies.

Any bolt/carrier with an open rear-end works. I know the QC10 bolt has a removeable weight in the rear, which allows the LAW plug to be fitted.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
My question about the Buffer mainly concerns that when the weight is removed from the bolt obviously decreases the Bolts weight, the Law folder Bolt extension adds about 1 to 1.5ozs back to the Bolt. should I go with a 7.5oz Buffer (KVP Stainless Extended Buffer) looks good to me and I don't need my NFA Spacer.

I'm running a PSA Colt lower with Shockwave Blade and Tube.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a Spinta bolt.
Removed the internal weight, cut off 1/3, replaced it. The weight was ~3oz, took off about 1oz. The Law Tac piece is like 2 oz. So all totaled I added an ounce. If you completely remove the bolt weight, you'd need to make up an ounce or two.

Haven't shot it yet though, keep changing other things. :)
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My Plan is to use the LAW Tactical Folder, CMMG Bolt (Both on sale at Brownells) and the KVP 7.5oz Buffer, these three should play well together.

Anyone see any reasons they wouldn't?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I weighed my stuff and posted it, once.

QC10 Glock-cut bolt, mass-adding weight (including pin): 3.5oz

Law Tactical folding stock adapter Gen 3-M carrier extension: 2.2oz

I'm also using a JP AR10 spring and Blitzkrieg 9mm hydraulic buffer. Smooth as butter, so far.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top