Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2017 3:38:57 PM EDT
Just received the KAK $100 9mm adapter for Colt style magazines also a 8 oz extended steel 9mm buffer from KAK. The picture on the KAK website makes the adapter look like it was a top mount adapter but not, the adapter does not have the ears on top like the one pictured on the KAK website. The adapter inserts from the bottom so no need to remove the bolt release lever.  Had to remove the screw and washer on the adapter top to slide up into the magazine well and reinstall screw and washer.

Nicely finished, appears to be all metal and slides in easily without any binding. There is a last round hold open feature with the adapter. The ejector has a bit of side to side play built in to it and is spring loaded. There are two set screws on the lower front of the adapter to snug it up in the magwell but was a snug fit without them turned out but ran them out anyway.  Have not shot it yet but it sure looks good to me, have a ACS magazine in it in the picture.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Come back and tell us how it works and with what upper/specs/parts.
I may decide to convert mine to a similar bottom load setup.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the top screw retainer, IMHO a better setup than the set screw.
Looks like you could drop the height of the block if needed with more washers if the screw is long enough.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious as well to see this tried with various parts. PSA would be most interesting to me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a direct knock off of rudy's macon armory block as well, just FYI.
View Quote

I haven't followed KAK or Macon long enough to know who's block came first, but I did ask for clarification in another thread and didn't see an answer posted.  Both blocks appear to share some of the same components and any time you deal with a contract manufacturer, there is always a risk of "stuff" happening.

Anyway, KAK advertises a top loader on their website.  I ordered one not long ago and received a top loader.  A different user than OP ordered a KAK block a few weeks ago and received one of Macon's bottom load blocks that Rudy contracts from KAK.  I wonder if this new report is just another case of KAK shipping out the wrong block by mistake, or if they no longer sell the top loader that is on their website and are just shipping Macon's bottom loader now.

Has anyone that has received one of these contacted KAK and asked why they didn't get the top loader that KAK is advertising?  If so, what was KAK's response?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't see both a top loader and bottom loader adapter listing on KAK, just the one $100 adapter with a picture of a top loader. Just received the bottom loader KAK on 3/13. Am happier with the bottom loader as there is no need to drive out the roll pin and remove the bolt release to install it.  Had a FedEX delivery of a 9mm JSE upper today and new upper and KAK lower fit together well, ejector dragged a little on the bolt until I removed the washer under the top bolt in the KAK and the whole adapter dropped slightly in the lower magazine well.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Didn't see both a top loader and bottom loader adapter listing on KAK, just the one $100 adapter with a picture of a top loader. Just received the bottom loader KAK on 3/13. Am happier with the bottom loader as there is no need to drive out the roll pin and remove the bolt release to install it.
View Quote

Sounds so Seinfeldian...

You ordered something that wasn't really what you wanted and you ended up getting what you really wanted and saving ~$60 in the process.  Did you buy any lotto tickets yesterday?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Here it is together waiting on a red dot

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I e-mailed KAK about a part number for the bottom load mag adapter, but just got a photocopy of the top load item from their web page... no written correspondence
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I e-mailed KAK about a part number for the bottom load mag adapter, but just got a photocopy of the top load item from their web page... no written correspondence
View Quote

Give Kurt a call directly. The one time I had a question for him that's what I did and he got back to me pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got off the phone with KAK. I was told "We do not offer a bottom loading 9mm mag block." I informed them that I had just read about, and saw pictures, from someone who ordered the top loader and received a bottom loader earlier this very week, and they they said "They must be confusing us with someone else."

IMO, it sounds like they're playing dumb. I'd rather spend the extra 50 bucks with Macon and know what I'm getting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Based on this thread sounds like the block pictured above was a Macon that KAK shipped by accident.

Would like to get that cleared up just so if the OP has good things to say, the right vendor gets credit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Based on this thread sounds like the block pictured above was a Macon that KAK shipped by accident.

Would like to get that cleared up just so if the OP has good things to say, the right vendor gets credit.
View Quote
That was kind of the whole point of my asking when the first report of this surfaced a few weeks ago and then again with this thread.

Is it happening by accident, or by "accident"?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That was kind of the whole point of my asking when the first report of this surfaced a few weeks ago and then again with this thread.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The block that I received from KAK in January is the same as the one the OP received.

Gary
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the explanation Rudy.

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I ordered mine directly from Rudy...
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#21]
?

Clear as mud, I guess.  Does that mean the block was designed by KAK as a top loader, then design improvements by Rudy turned it into a bottom loader?

I don't want to assume KAK is purposely messing with anyone, but it just seems like something is rotten in the state of Denmark.  If a company advertises a product, they should deliver what they advertised.  It is poor form to play silly games and say customers are confused and are the ones that don't know what is going on when it seems as though the company is the one that doesn't know what they are actually shipping.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered and received the KAK block last week. Still advertised as the fixed top loader, but I received the bottom loader type with the screw retention. I actually prefer the bottom loader and it was what I was hoping to receive after seeing the last few posts about them. It must be all they are shipping now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered one at the beginning of March as soon as they came back in stock. I got the bottom loading one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Just recieved my mag block today and it was the bottom loader as well. Slid into the magwell with no issues. Happy with the purchase so far.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top