Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2017 5:00:56 PM EDT
Hello I have a Macon Armory DI 45ACP upper on a SBR lower with their conversion mag block installed.  Its an awesome little package!  BBUUUTTTTT I am having issues with it not picking up the next round after successful fire and extraction.  So it goes, load it, pull trigger, bang, round extracts every time, but only pics up the next round sporadically.  I am assuming it is buffer weight needs to be less, but I have the lightest carbine buffer I could find in it (I believe right at 3oz.).  So next I was going to try a lightweight bolt carrier.

thoughts?

thanks for any input

And this isn't a knock on Macon Armory, I love this kit !!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Rudy. He will go above and beyond to get it running
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact Rudy. He will go above and beyond to get it running
View Quote

This.

But why a lighter buffer?  Mine runs on a standard buffer and I'd think you'd want a heavier one to slow things down and give the magazine spring a chance to raise the next round.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

But why a lighter buffer?  Mine runs on a standard buffer and I'd think you'd want a heavier one to slow things down and give the magazine spring a chance to raise the next round.
View Quote

My thought was the weight/mass of the buffer/BCG was too much.  So when fired the bolt was only traveling back far enough to eject but not far enough back to pick up the next round.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Great customer service Rudy!
The stronger mag springs Rudy came up with will solve your problem. Rudy is the man when it comes to .45 AR's.

Dave N
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top