Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 1:29:29 PM EDT
I'd like to know if any of the Korean high capacity Glock magazines work reliably, or what problems they pose?  I have a friend, overseas, who's looking to import an AR15 carbine in .40S&W that uses Glock mags, and he's asked me to do the research for him.  It would be mostly a range gun, but he doesn't want to keep dealing with failure to feeds, etc.

So, what works, and where should I look for them?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

he's asked me to do the research for him.  

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

And you, in turn, ask others to do your research in a thread, rather than searching the internet for answers yourself ??

1st....go to google and bing.
2nd...when searching there, you can add ar15.com to the search, and you'll find threads here with info.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a few kci 33rnd mags that run fine in my g19. one of them sometimes has ftf in my glock mag ar lower tho. my ets mags work fine in both guns as do magpul and glock mags. the kci mags are harder to load and i wouldnt trust my life to them
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as aftermarket magazines go I've liked my ETS 22 rounders so far. My son's Korean 25 round .45 magazine has worked flawlessly.

Those ETS 22 rounders are actually 21 round magazines, so plan for that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I hadn't even heard of the ETS...just looked them up.  Do the KCIs have the metal liners like the factory Glock mags?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETS sucks with steel cased ammo or heavy brass rounds.

Same goes for Magpul.

I stick with OEM Glock mags for their steel inner lining.
View Quote

Thanks. What's the problem, do they bulge and have problems going into the magwell, or is it feeding issues?

I'm a firm believer in factory mags, but in this case, it's solely a range gun, I believe he's looking at 31 rounds for the aftermarket (KCI?) vs. 22 rounds for factory.  I guess if he doesn't mind an occasional hiccup he can always buy a few of each.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
SGM has a good rep. ive got 4. they work great in my g17..... glock lower ar isnt built yet, but fits and drops free well
http://www.sgmtactical.com/sgm-products/magazines/pistolsgm-tactical-glock-9mm-33rd-magazine/
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks. What's the problem, do they bulge and have problems going into the magwell, or is it feeding issues?

I'm a firm believer in factory mags, but in this case, it's solely a range gun, I believe he's looking at 31 rounds for the aftermarket (KCI?) vs. 22 rounds for factory.  I guess if he doesn't mind an occasional hiccup he can always buy a few of each.

Thanks again for the feedback!
View Quote

IIRC ETS was having friction issues with steel cased ammo. They seem to be gtg with brass though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I ran a KCI 9mm hi cap in a G34, it ran fine BUT it bulged in the middle when full. Factory steel lined mags don't bulge.

You'll also find that some aftermarket mags that run fine in Glocks don't run as well in ARs that take Glock mags.

Personally I stick with the factory mags, except for an SGM .45cap hi cap mag since Glock doesn't make one. The SGMs seem to have stronger springs than KCIs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate the continued feedback on this subject, guys.

A good weekend to all!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
OEM Glock have been flawless.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top