Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2017 3:29:22 AM EDT
Do these threads look ok on this kak flash can.
Just received in the mail off of fleabay, and I noticed they looked kinda dirty and not very precise and well cut.These pics are after cleaning the threads, they looked way worse before cleaning.
Should I send this back to get a replacement?

Best pics I could get with my phone.
Thanks Guys..

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it thread onto the barrel ??

Because that is all that threads do...they thread.

So if it does, go on with life.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok I will give it a try just don't want to mess up my threads on a new barrel.
Thanks Fellas
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrel steel is much harder than flash can aluminum. The anodizing on the surface is hard, but the flash can threads should deform first if there is a problem. 

I ordered a slimline 1/2-36 flash can as well. Should be here tomorrow. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for info gonna see which one looks better on the build I am doing.
I also ordered a YHM Annihilator to test on 16 inch KVP barrel with 15 in MI FF Rail.
Not sure how the muzzle end of the barrel and the end of the handguard are gonna line up yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
My KAK slimline flash can arrived today. The threads in mine were bright in a couple of lengthwise stripes. I'd bet a dollar this is where they attached a titanium wire to hold the part while it was being anodized (I used to do some decorative home anodizing). It screwed right on to the barrel with no resistance. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy a quality sharp 1/2-36 tap and chase the hole to be sure for yourself
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top