Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2017 10:08:52 AM EDT
ive got the PSA lower enroute to my FFL and will be in on monday.

im about to get the rest of the build ordered up this weekend, and wonder about how it pairs with the spinta upper
any one mated this lower with the spinta upper? i dont care if its not a perfect match since one is forged and one billet but if they are abjectly different then i'll keep shopping around. photos if you have em please!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
For the record, the fit is decent. and the finish is pretty close if any one cares or is considering this set up.

Fit 7.5 of 10
Finish 9 of 10
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What bcg are you using?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
the spinta BCG. they have a deal for 199$ upper with a blem BCG http://www.spintaprecision.com/combo-deal-ar-9-billet-7075-slick-side-stripped-upper-with-blem-9mm-bolt-carrier-group-sale/
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the spinta BCG. they have a deal for 199$ upper with a blem BCG http://www.spintaprecision.com/combo-deal-ar-9-billet-7075-slick-side-stripped-upper-with-blem-9mm-bolt-carrier-group-sale/
View Quote
Does their bcg work with drop in triggers?
I plan on using a CMC and so far only have seen somebody using a KVP BCG with one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For the record, the fit is decent. and the finish is pretty close if any one cares or is considering this set up.

Fit 7.5 of 10
Finish 9 of 10
View Quote
What is off about the fit..Just loose?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Does their bcg work with drop in triggers?
I plan on using a CMC and so far only have seen somebody using a KVP BCG with one.
View Quote
I am trying to use a geissele sd3g with my spinta bcg but the hammer does not catch on the disconnector after each shot. However, the usgi trigger I took out sometimes wouldn't reset completely and I would have to push the trigger forward to reset. I'm going to put this damn thing through a band saw
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am trying to use a geissele sd3g with my spinta bcg but the hammer does not catch on the disconnector after each shot. However, the usgi trigger I took out sometimes wouldn't reset completely and I would have to push the trigger forward to reset. I'm going to put this damn thing through a band saw
View Quote
Some of those hammers are quite short.  I suppose you could weld them up and re-profile them at the top if you really wanted to.

As far as your mil-spec trigger, I've seen that issued when springs are not installed properly and with disconnector issues.  Check your trigger and disconnector spring just to be sure.  Manipulate the trigger by hand with the upper off and watch to see what is causing your issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I got my Spinta billet AR9 upper last Thursday and it looks fantastic. Fit and finish are top notch with no rattle or looseness between the receivers. The Blem 9mm bolt looks to be in perfect condition as well. Once the Guntec rail shows up this week and I get it all together Ill provide a report on the overall function.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry late to reply... fit is plenty tight. better than most ar upper + lower combos. the lines matching up are just a bit off between the spinta and PSA with a few sharper than i'd like edges.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top