BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2017 3:07:38 AM EDT
I finally finished building my 9mm Pistol

Specs:
Click To View Spoiler

I just wanted to say thanks to DSG Arms, Skid Tactical, Recoil Gunworks, Joebob Outfitters, Right To Bear, SLR Rifle Works, and Andro Corp for supporting my 2nd Amendment rights. I couldn't do a budget build because of a certain company's stupid shipping policy. So I went all out and more deserving companies got my hard earned cash.

Also thanks to the people who purchased my stuff off of the EE.

Also added a magpul rail cover (ladder style) for the heck of it on the sides/top (not shown)

LRBHO took some tweaking but works fine with my ETS 17 Rounders, ETS 30 Rounders, and OEM magazines.

My ETS 22 Round magazines and magpul 17 rounders will not lock back. Also these magazines have had issues with my actual Glock 17 and Glock 26. I'm thinking the springs are just weak? They won't catch at all.

Hopefully I can take it shooting next week.

The Recoil Gunworks Lower seems good to go.

I'm still deciding on an optic. I might just grab a Holosun Optic and a Seekins mount. Though it looks like they just started shipping out holographic sights as well (Eotech Style)

I'm really impressed with the SLR rail. I originally had a NFA hand guard and was not pleased with how it mounted. The SLR Rail would be rock solid if I had some kind of gas tube for the anti rotation insert.

I noticed the NFA Upper has a threaded insert in the gas tube. It sort of gives me some ideas.

It's a shame I can't fabricate it myself though.

Edit:Ordered a Holosun Paralow HS403A from Joebobs. Hard to beat a red dot with 50k battery life, nice warranty, 2 different risers, and free shipping for only $140.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great. I have the same upper(Gibbz) and my SLR rail is locked up tight even with no gas tube. Let me know how you like the red dot. Looking for an affordable option for another rifle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I spent $20 more for a different model. The one for $140 had the battery under the mount.

Holosun seems good to go since Primary Arms has the same kind of dot. Also Holosun makes their ACSS model.

The mounts that come with them are kinda crap though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great. I am very tempted to start working on a 9mm build. Yours is pushing closer to that edge.

On the mags not locking back try contacting ETS, they might send you some new springs or something. Their customer service is very good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you will like the Holosun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Could I ask you a favor and measure its over all length. This is pretty much the exact spec list as the pistol I'm building and Michigan has some unique rules as to what constitutes a pistol. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Iirc its under 26" with the shockwave.extended. I cant really sbr it in IL unless I go with a longer barrel.. stupid rule I know.

You need to be under 26" for it to be a pistol in MI?

Ill get an exact measurement in a bit.

Ill probably keep it a pistol since there is state pre-emption and all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. Yes has to be under 26".
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Great looking build. Love the front end.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. Yes has to be under 26".
View Quote

OAL with the muzzle device is just under 22"
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I like it a lot.  Not overdone, looks good.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the comments. I took it to the range today and it was fun. 115 grain FMJ shot with no issues. Only hiccup I had was with a magpul magazine and it was to be expected. Dunno if I got a bad batch of them or what  

ETS 17 and 33 rounders were flawless.

Now heres what is killing me. Everytime I try to use hollow points this happens.

I tried ETS, OEM, and Magpul(actually this happened with FMJ and a magpul magazine)

This happened before and after cleaning.

Also happens with a standard carbine spring, or KVP buffer spring. I was shooting it with the standard and FMJ had no real issues.

Bullets arent being dented into the casting.

Critical Duty/Critical Defense 135 Grain Flex Lock

Sucks since this is my preferred pistol ammo for SD. I get boxes of 50 for only 20 bucks..

Chamber Mouth Pictures
Barrel is a Ballistic Advantage from Andro Corp

Also I'm pretty sure that isn't rust. It's carbon/brass/copper residue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Off to Macon Armory it goes!

Seriously thanks again, Mad Machinist to the rescue.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Turn around was very fast. Hornady Critical Duty is feeding with no problems now.

I'll try to hit the range tomorrow and function check things.

Macon Armory is A+ in my book. The machine work looks great.

I'm a bit concerned about the rust resistance but it shouldn't be a huge issue if I keep it oiled/clean.

How deep does the melonite process effect the metal of a barrel? Surface only? Or does it harden to a certain depth?

Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks great, and should shoot as good as it looks now.

Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Mad Machinist=PCC Guru
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Crazy it took me a few months to actually take this thing out.

With newer ammo it was flawless, my old stock had to be shot through my glocks. Definitely happy with how this turned out.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top