Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 11:02:27 PM EDT
Like it says, who's got 'em?

I've checked all over and very few of the vendors selling pistol caliber bolts even list them.

None of the ones I've found even have them in stock.

I need a replacement and a spare.

Never had a problem dry firing a standard AR,  never have had to actually replace a firing pin either.

The other night after cleaning my NFA build with only 300 rds on it I pulled the trigger to release  the hammer

and I heard a 'tink', then the barely audible sound of something landing on the tile floor.

I wasn't sure what it was but had an inkling,  I pulled the bolt and pushed on the FP.  Nothing stuck out on the bolt face.

Stripped the FP from the bolt and sure enough, sans tip.  A quick check of the floor and I found the tip right in front of me.

Before anyone asks, it's just a standard Spikes FCG.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I googled CMMG 9mm firing pin, and the first 3 places that came up have them in stock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Primary Arms has the CMMG firing pin in stock for $15.99. New Frontier Armory (NFA) also has them in stock for $14.99
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you contacted Spike's Tactical?

http://www.spikestactical.com/contact_us.html

Rock River Arms has 9mm firing pins listed. I have been using a RRA 9mm upper for several years without a problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My CMMG FP is running great. The one from my NFA bolt broke after 3 rounds.

Go CMMG.
View Quote

I haven't ordered an NFA bolt yet,  but do have a CMMG pin already.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
9mmar.com, its in the name.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with CMMG firing pin and FP return spring.  The NFA stuff is not good.  I have a PSA Hybrid G-9 Bolt and the OEM firing pin and return spring have been good (2000 rounds).  Not sure who makes PSA FP & spring.  CMMG parts will work in the PSA G-9 Hybrid bolt.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top