Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2017 12:10:08 AM EDT
Hello all,

Out of curiosity does anyone have success using a MP5 "locking" 3 lug flash hider on a tros barrel when you forearm rail is covering over the lock latch? I'm thinking I want my rail to come up too just about where the flash hider ports start. However, this will receive me to using on a couple types of flash hiders. Their are more models, but they are all locking. I am thinking because the way I want the rail to just cover the back of the flash hider I won't be able to properly operate the lock.  Anybody have insight on this?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at AAC's three lug flash hider? I think it's what you're looking for but it's a little pricey. $125
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I have seen that hider from aac. Here is another I was interested in from hkparts https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-Barrels-Flash-Hiders-Trunions-c82.htm

I don't think there are too many pRobles with this style three lug flash hider. I just wonder if the locking lever has enough room to operate under most free float quad rails.

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the HK 3lug flash hider and rarely use it on either of my AR9 or MP5 clone.
I think the lever is awkward to use when it's not covered (the clone), let alone obscured with a handguard (the AR9)

the AAC style (similar to one designed by Gemtech) seems the way to go
it may look a little bulky but much easier to install or remove.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top