Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2017 12:22:46 AM EDT
I need a 5" rail that is compatible with a side charging upper (NFA and all the others seem like the same OEM)

Armalite/Odinworks looked good but the anti rotation tabs make it a no go.

Currently I have a New Frontier rail and it leaves a lot to be desired in regards to mounting.

Guntec comes close at 4".

The KAK Rail looks nice but it's almost $200. At that price I'd be better off getting a SLR Rail.

Is there anything out there that isn't stupid expensive?

Going with a KAK Can Slim and 7" Rail is my last resort.

Edit: After comparing the KAK Rail is an SLR rail... Maybe I'll get that one afterall. Looks like it comes with the wrench.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
SLR rails are nice. Mine mounted up nice to the gibbz upper and have no issues. Also, mine came with the barrel nut wrench.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I decided to go with a SLR Keymod 5.5" rail. Also for the muzzle device I'm changing the flash can to a Kaw Valley Precision. Its only 2 1/8 inches.

Plus the KVP Linear comp is steel and nitrided. Honestly I want all of my steel parts to either be melonite/nitrided so I'm pretty happy with that. Phosphate finish is gross

I sorta like the tri rail look

Also found out my Snap On 1 1/4 crowfoot will work as well.

How does the anti rotation insert work without a gas tube?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top