Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2017 10:58:37 PM EDT
Almost ready to start putting mine together, and just curious on what everyone else is running for setups.

Posting from phone (most info is on my laptop) but so far mine is

Ddles 9mm glock lower (sitting in safe couple years lol)
Vultor upper
14.7 barrel with pinned comp( will update cannot remember which one)
13 inch free float
Spinta bolt
Blitkreig buffer and spring
Magpul stock
PSA polished trigger group with jp reduced power springs
Kns pins
60 degree safety
Bad lever

Still undecided on optic, i like my aimpoint pro on other carbine, but strongly considering deltapoint pro rms
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I put together a 16" a while back and have shot one match with it so far. Also working/waiting on an SBR build as well.

GWACS Lower
Hahn Cavarms MKII 9mm Adapter
16" Kaw Valley Barrel
Aero No Foward Assist Upper
ALG EMR V2 13"
Think it was a DPMS LPK
CMMG 9mm A2 FH
PSA Metalform mags
Bushnell TRS-25 with UTG riser

edit: forgot a couple parts and pic
a no-name ebay extended 8.5oz buffer, regular carbine spring, and Spinta bolt

http://imgur.com/XRJbUal

Considering the LWRC UCIW for the SBR build. At first I was concerned with the special buffers, but it seems a normal length buffer of the appropriate weight can work for 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
there is a growing interest on the Brian Enos Forum for PCC technical... have been shooting mine for about 6 months... would suggest before you do any fine tuning, get a good load worked up...I went the heavy buffer and spring route, and have gone back to a lighter set up... to a standard 5.2oz rifle buffer with 17oz bolt and standard rifle spring ( I use an A1 rifle stock)... currently shooting a 146 power factor 135 Bayou coated lead bullet... good luck
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
would suggest before you do any fine tuning, get a good load worked up...I went the heavy buffer and spring route, and have gone back to a lighter set up... to a standard 5.2oz rifle buffer with 17oz bolt and standard rifle spring ( I use an A1 rifle stock)... currently shooting a 146 power factor 135 Bayou coated lead bullet... good luck
View Quote

Im honestly dreading this part  Im new to uspsa type shooting and all my previous reloading has just been plinking ammo on pistol caliber.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot a 5in AR.

Orion 5in barrel
KAK flashcan or Micklivk Brake
Promag Block
32rd ASC mags x 3
Tactical Ambush Bolt
Franklin Bianry Trigger (semi only)
3 oz buffer
Stronger Spring
Strike industries bolt catch

Fun little set up. I reload my own Ammo either 124 or 147 round nose usually subsonic or enough to meet powerfsctor depending on the load.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a
JP bolt
JP barrel
NFA side charging upper
Glock mag lower from Joe Bob's
Blitzkreig hydraulic buffer
15" handguard
Hyperfire 24c trigger
For a sight you won't find much faster than a C-More railway. The Deltapoint Pro would be a good choice as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#6]
if you don't already load 9mm would suggest a Lee carbide sizing die, as they size farther down the case, and heads off chambering problems...I shoot a G34 for USPSA limited minor and 3gun....I've always preferred the longer (heavier) 9mm bullets for accuracy, so I have one load for both pistol and PCC...not optimum for the PCC....currently 3.6 of Winchester Super Field with a Bayou coated 135 gives me a128 power factor out of the G34 and a 147 pf from the PCC ... good luck... lots of good people in USPSA.. just ask questions... this is my 35th year... Les L747

edit for pic... I like A1 stocks for my game rifles... NFA lower and bolt, Aero Precision upper, and YHM non rail fore end... nothing flashy, designed for USPSA competition

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm using a
JP bolt
JP barrel
NFA side charging upper
Glock mag lower from Joe Bob's
Blitzkreig hydraulic buffer
15" handguard
Hyperfire 24c trigger
For a sight you won't find much faster than a C-More railway. The Deltapoint Pro would be a good choice as well.
View Quote

I Will look into the c-more railway thank you!

If you do not mind sharing since your using blitz buffer as well, what bullet weight and power factor are you running on your reloads?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
No pictures?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
if you don't already load 9mm would suggest a Lee carbide sizing die, as they size farther down the case, and heads off chambering problems...I shoot a G34 for USPSA limited minor and 3gun....I've always preferred the longer (heavier) 9mm bullets for accuracy, so I have one load for both pistol and PCC...not optimum for the PCC....currently 3.6 of Winchester Super Field with a Bayou coated 135 gives me a128 power factor out of the G34 and a 147 pf from the PCC ... good luck... lots of good people in USPSA.. just ask questions... this is my 35th year... Les L747
View Quote

I currently have a dillon square deal for pistol loading, I have only loaded 100 rounds of 9mm using berry's plated round nose 115 with auto-comp powder.  I don't remember the charge weight off the top of my head its been a while.

I Currently have a keg of auto-comp, and 115 and 147 berry's round nose bullets to start out with.

I've been to 1 match and 1 practice, so far all the guys have been really nice and willing to help!  There is only 2 other guys running PCC currently at location closest to house, and I have not had a chance to really talk to either of them yet.

A g34 is on the real short list of to buy :)
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No pictures?
View Quote

Sorry forgot mine also I do not use the can while competing as it isn't legal.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top