Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 8:48:26 PM EDT
I just picked this up off the EE here. The seller said it was a COLT 10.5" upper. But I never seen a Colt 9mm barrel marked with " 9MM-NATO" between the FSB legs. So looking a little closer I see a "C" on top on the barrel right under the FSB. And part of the "M" under the front leg of the FSB. So I had see if the rest of it was there under the front leg. So I removed the FSB and there was the rest of the normal Colt Stampings.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
While I have never owned a short barrel 9mm, it does look OK to me.
My guess is that Colt did that so they could get it all to fit on the short barrel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't look like any real Colt barrel I've ever seen. All the factory 10.5" 9mm barrels I have seen have been marked under the handguards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't look like any real Colt barrel I've ever seen. All the factory 10.5" 9mm barrels I have seen have been marked under the handguards.
View Quote

After some looking around I found another Colt barrel marked the same way that sold on ARMSLIST awhile back. It was also an 10.5" 9mm barrel.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top