Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 1:25:19 AM EDT
I want to build a dissipator 9mm build. Anyone know where I can get a 16 inch 9mm barrel; that accepts a FSB at the rifle length.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to build a dissipator 9mm build. Anyone know where I can get a 16 inch 9mm barrel; that accepts a FSB at the rifle length.
View Quote

Get a clamp on style of FSB than you can clamp it anywhere on the barrel.

Or you can have a decent smith pin a FSB on a barrel where you want it as long as the barrel is .750 where you wanna put it.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:24:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Problem will be that 9mm barrel length includes the extension.  So a 16" barrel will be more like a 15" barrel.  Similar to the .22lr barrels.

You may need a odd ball length handguard like a 11" and then have the FSB pinned.

Another option would be to find a barrel and have a shop reprofile the barrel to .625 and have a FSB pinned or find a Pencil barrel folding clamp on sight to get the "look" of a Dissy/Kino hybrid.

You could buy a .625 FSB Bravo .625 $29.95 and then have a shop pin it at the location you need it at.

Or spend the money on a PRI Folding Front $180.00

I found a PRI used and built a Dissy using it

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Problem will be that 9mm barrel length includes the extension.  So a 16" barrel will be more like a 15" barrel.  Similar to the .22lr barrels.

You may need a odd ball length handguard like a 11" and then have the FSB pinned.

Another option would be to find a barrel and have a shop reprofile the barrel to .625 and have a FSB pinned or find a Pencil barrel folding clamp on sight to get the "look" of a Dissy/Kino hybrid.

You could buy a .625 FSB Bravo .625 $29.95 and then have a shop pin it at the location you need it at.

Or spend the money on a PRI Folding Front $180.00

I found a PRI used and built a Dissy using it https://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t677/balloo933/20160904_154658_zpspoea1sqt.jpg?t=1472940640
View Quote

The extension on a 9mm barrel is the same length as a 5.56 barrel.
Unlike a 22 barrel where you have the extension plus another inch for the 22 bolt collar.

I had a 300 BLK barrel.
I bought a setscrew FSB from DEZ arms for around 30 dollars
I then sent it to ADCO and they dimpled the barrel, at the rifle position, for the set screws,
I used Magpul hand guards for that dissy look.

edit for bad cell phone pic

Still waiting for parts
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unlike a 22 barrel where you have the extension plus another inch for the 22 bolt collar.

I had a 300 BLK barrel.
I then sent it to ADCO and they dimpled the barrel, at the rifle position, for the set screws,

edit for bad cell phone pichttp://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo252/eeeticket/2c5cdbbb-c997-402b-b085-60955b48f412.jpg

Still waiting for parts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I had a 300 BLK barrel.

edit for bad cell phone pichttp://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo252/eeeticket/2c5cdbbb-c997-402b-b085-60955b48f412.jpg

Still waiting for parts

Sorry, it's 1/2" when including the extension.  From the BA website-
Since the “barrel extension” is an integral part of the barrel, the length stated is the true overall length. For example, an 11” 9mm barrel has the same outer dimensions/length as a 10.5” 5.56 barrel.

So it would be close, but sounds like it's doable.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Barrel blanks inexpensive, lathe up what you want..
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or get someone like me to make you one....
View Quote

That works too..  
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I made my .22 LR 605 clone using a Spikes 16'' Middy barrel. I removed the front sight base, installed a .750 triangle retainer onto it with a screw into the tube port, and tapped the front sight for 8-32 headless socket screws. I then installed the handguard, dropped on the sight base, and installed the flash hider to compress the retainer spring, aligned the sights, and tightened the screws. A 9mm would be similar except you would use a spacer between the flash hider and sight base to retain it while aligning the sights.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top