Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 8:20:21 PM EDT
Hi, I have owned a Spikes .22 conversion for many years and I am considering using it for a dedicated .22 upper. What do yall think? It has had some extraction/FTE issues at times and I was wondering if there was a solid workaround. Was kinda hoping to do this on the cheap with a taccom barrel but if cmmg barrel or any other parts will increase reliability by all means I will spend the money.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I was thinking worse comes to worse if reliability is not there I could upgrade the bolt at that time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I found a cyber monday deal on a Velocity 22 barrel and after some research apparently they were in coherts with taccom for parts. Gonna take the chance.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I built my upper with a Lothar Walther m4 profile 22 barrel that I picked up from member "hochimin". Contact him as he might have a few left. You will need a collar for it and he might have those too, if not, Taccom has the Delrin collars, but last time I saw a couple days ago, they were out of them.

Taccom has those barrels too, but I don't know how they compare to the Lothar Walther barrels. Personally, based on what I've read about the Lothar barrels, I don't think you'll go wrong with one other than time spent finding the ammo that runs the best.

That's all I have for you other than to suggest that you look at the sticky regarding rimfires.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I built my upper with a Lothar Walther m4 profile 22 barrel that I picked up from member "hochimin". Contact him as he might have a few left. You will need a collar for it and he might have those too, if not, Taccom has the Delrin collars, but last time I saw a couple days ago, they were out of them.

Taccom has those barrels too, but I don't know how they compare to the Lothar Walther barrels. Personally, based on what I've read about the Lothar barrels, I don't think you'll go wrong with one other than time spent finding the ammo that runs the best.

That's all I have for you other than to suggest that you look at the sticky regarding rimfires.
View Quote

He apparently has spikes tactical barrels now? when i asked for pics/links or if it had a collar etc he stopped answerin.

ordered the barrel i mentioned in the first post along with a receiver and handguard that were on sale for cyber monday!
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Will locate a link of the archived ad and post it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He apparently has spikes tactical barrels now? when i asked for pics/links or if it had a collar etc he stopped answerin.

ordered the barrel i mentioned in the first post along with a receiver and handguard that were on sale for cyber monday!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanted one of his barrels too but didn't have any luck communicating with the guy either.  He told me he had the collars for $20, just wouldn't give me his payment info to send him the money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
just a comment on failure to extract... I broke a firing pin on my CMMG unit and the forward part remained in the  bolt and caused it to ding the chamber mouth, causing feeding and extraction issues (I had previously switched to SW15-22 magazines without LRBHO so during a match accidentally dropped the hammer on an empty chamber)...I replaced it with a TACCOM firing pin along with a TACCOM extractor and recoil spring...got the Boonie Packer better mag adapter for the SW magazines and has cured 99.9 of my problems
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
just a comment on failure to extract... I broke a firing pin on my CMMG unit and the forward part remained in the  bolt and caused it to ding the chamber mouth, causing feeding and extraction issues (I had previously switched to SW15-22 magazines without LRBHO so during a match accidentally dropped the hammer on an empty chamber)...I replaced it with a TACCOM firing pin along with a TACCOM extractor and recoil spring...got the Boonie Packer better mag adapter for the SW magazines and has cured 99.9 of my problems
View Quote

thanks i'll keep all that in mind!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top