Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2016 8:51:09 PM EDT
Since I'm wrong handed, shoot suppressed 100% of the time, and don't know if all charging handles work with the Spinta bolt. I seemed to over look this last part when I put in my bolt into the upper. I have looked and looked and all I see is either the raptor, sn-ach, Armageddon Gms-15. I use a Raptor on my 556 upper and I'm happy with it. I don't get much gas if at all in my face when I shoot it with the Specwar 762. I don't want to order something that won't work in my 9mm build. What say the hive?
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Raptor all the way
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Side charger upper.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not shot suppressed, but have used BCM and a Strike Industries CHs with Spinta 9mm bolts without issue. The BCM seemed to cut down the gas noticeably compared to a a standard CH on my 5.56. Have only used the Strike on my 9mms so far.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you looked at Sintercore? I do not shoot suppressed but have one. Very satisfied.

http://sintercore.com/handle/
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Side charger upper.

View Quote

^  THIS
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Personally for a blowback 9mm AR I'd still get something with a lip to keep gas out of your face.

For cheap, I'd say the Strike Industries handle, has a nice lip for blocking gas, and for a few bucks more it's available in an extended latch, or in red if black isn't your thing. I've got one on my RRA 9mm AR.

I've got the Raptor on a DI AR and while it's a great handle there's no lip at all for gas. If you're looking to spend that much money on a handle the Geissele Super handle is just as nice and has a lip. I like the Geissele a little better than the Raptor.

I don't read much about the Armageddon but I like the design, good gas management and a simple ambi design. They also brag that since the mechanism is enclosed it's a little more resistant to dirt jamming things up. If I see one of these on sale I'll try it on my uppers.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
9mm I'd really say a side charging upper but if you are going to use a standard upper I would use a CH that would mitigate the gas. The SNACH is the best then after that I would say the freedom bone. I personally think the freedom bone is overpriced and does not perform as well as the griffin SNACH.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
My Raptor has served me well but I just bought a Geissele on sale to try out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#9]
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Given my goal with this one, my options were pretty limited! STRIKE industries Red Line. It works fine as intended. I have lots of other ARs and they all have RAPTOR's. My charging handle of choice.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice setup, I originally only went with a Strike Ind. ext. handle cause it was available in red, was pleasantly surprised when it actually turned out to be a good piece of gear at a cheap price. I wish SI would make more stuff.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top