Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2016 11:19:00 PM EDT
Would be nice to add capacity for USPSA PCC.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking for the same. Some guys on Brian Enos are 3D printing them, & others are using TTI Glock basepads. I tried a Dawson Glock base pad, & it wouldn't stay on. Same for Arredondo.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
beta mag...
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Found these for the MPX, but am not sure how the baseplate may differ between the two.

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/10-base-pad-for-mpx-carbine/
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed both TTI and Springer Precision.  Both said they have no plans for colt mag extensions at this time.

I will try some of my TTI Glock mag extensions to see if they work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent Taylor Freelance and Henning shop an inquiry too.

TTI Glock extensions are a NO GO.  They fit too loosely on the magazine lip and will twist off easily.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
With PCC picking up steam, it's only a matter of time.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the division adopting a capacity limit or length restriction like other divisions, just to make for one less "arms race".
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I kind of like the idea of "run what you brung" mindset.  Reminds me of the "old" days of USPSA where you only had one division and a short set of rules.  Just leave the rules for PCC as they are and see where this will take us.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
One could make or obtain a premade (e.g., C&S Metal Werkes, Stony Creek Armory, or Vector) 68ish round Uzi drum (a portmanteau of an Uzi mag tower and Suomi drum) and cut a mag catch notch in the tower at the appropriate position for the AR pattern magwell.  Note, the legacy 68ish round Uzi drum may cost as much or more than a new Beta C drum.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue.

MHO, YMV, etc.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

With PCC picking up steam, it's only a matter of time.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the division adopting a capacity limit or length restriction like other divisions, just to make for one less "arms race".
View Quote

The more rules in a division, the more it becomes an arms race.  It's paradoxical but true.  Look at production.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Are 50 rd Uzi mag tubes still available?

When I first got into the 9mm AR years back I happened on a 50 rd Uzi mag that I promptly modified in the usual manner for the AR mag block.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are 50 rd Uzi mag tubes still available?

When I first got into the 9mm AR years back I happened on a 50 rd Uzi mag that I promptly modified in the usual manner for the AR mag block.
View Quote

I've still got one from way back when.  The problem I had was the metal seemed weak.  The lips would need to be bent back in every three or four times I used the mag.  I've got a couple 40 round sticks so the hassle with rebending didn't seem worth the effort.  That said, the 50 round stick might make a good bottom with a modified 32 round IMI mag as the the top mag in a Frankenmag weld up.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#13]
A standard M&P floorplate fits very snugly onto the Colt SMG mag body.  

Taylor Freelance makes +10 for the M&P, does anyone know how it attaches?

Or what you could use for a spring?
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I have fella that may play along with welding tubes together.. He does laser weld.. line parts up, and  "CLICK - CLICK - CLICK - CLICK - CLICK - CLICK"

Thought about joining (2) of them GLOCK 31rd mags, and the the 22rd Glock 22 mags might be interesting if I get Glock well on the M11 some day, as I have 40 upper for it also
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Taylor Freelance is developing +10 Colt SMG extensions per their facebook page.

I have heard rumors that Springer is working on them too, despite them telling me by email recently they were not.    
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:43:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Taylor Freelance is developing +10 Colt SMG extensions per their facebook page.

I have heard rumors that Springer is working on them too, despite them telling me by email recently they were not.    
View Quote

Awesome.  Both of those companies make good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you guys see this mag coupler from Taccom?  Looks pretty crazy!

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Any reviews of it working?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow. Having two 32 round mags coupled butt plate to butt plate will make for a really long mag.  Changing mags wth this will look like baton twirling I think!.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably going to pick up one of each maker's product and try it out,

The TF basepad looks great, but I'm skeptical of using the stock spring like they mention.  Hopefully I'll find out soon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Changing mags wth this will look like baton twirling I think!.
View Quote

With 60+ in the gun there shouldn't be a mag change, haha.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is the picture from Taccom's site that shows them fastened butt plate to plate.  You may have a total of 64 rounds available, but only 32 at a time.  The other extended mag probably suits what you are after.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Ah, didn't realize it was a bottom to bottom arrangement.

That is arguably a slower way to reload vice pulling a fresh mag from a pouch while dumping the other.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ah, didn't realize it was a bottom to bottom arrangement.

That is arguably a slower way to reload vice pulling a fresh mag from a pouch while dumping the other.
View Quote

It isn't a "flipper mag" kind of arrangement, it couples two mags together to make one large one.  It just does it by removing bot floorplates anc coupling them together that way.  The follower of the bottom mag stays in place, but basically just acts as a new "floorplate".  That's why the boot thingy is included, to protect the feedlips and follower of the bottom mag.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Please accept my apologies for the baton twirling comment. I re-read Taccom's complete site page again and now understand what Tim has done to accomplish the "double mag" function. Evidently. I missed the complete explanation at the bottom of the page by not scrolling down on my iPad.
Product Description

The TACCOM coupler connects 2 Colt magazines, ‘hole to hole’ to allow loading and feeding of ammo from one end of the magazine assembly. The other end is covered with a rubber boot to protect the feed lips.

You can assemble a 10, 20, and/or 32 round magazine to get a total of 20-64 rounds that you can fire without a reload.

The follower may need to be chamfered on the bottom to allow smooth flow thru the magazines.

This coupler is actually stronger than the parent magazines…..and we guarantee it.

I am duly chastised!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have fella that may play along with welding tubes together.. He does laser weld.. line parts up, and  "CLICK - CLICK - CLICK - CLICK - CLICK - CLICK"

Thought about joining (2) of them GLOCK 31rd mags, and the the 22rd Glock 22 mags might be interesting if I get Glock well on the M11 some day, as I have 40 upper for it also
View Quote

This pic is from ~10 years ago, but there was a guy welding Uzi mag tubes together - not sure what he used for springs, but they supposedly worked very well for 60+ round mags.

I don't see why someone can't do the same with the Metalforms.  Seems like an excellent business opportunity for someone with access to a welder.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Please accept my apologies for the baton twirling comment. I re-read Taccom's complete site page again and now understand what Tim has done to accomplish the "double mag" function. Evidently. I missed the complete explanation at the bottom of the page by not scrolling down on my iPad.
Product Description

The TACCOM coupler connects 2 Colt magazines, ‘hole to hole’ to allow loading and feeding of ammo from one end of the magazine assembly. The other end is covered with a rubber boot to protect the feed lips.

You can assemble a 10, 20, and/or 32 round magazine to get a total of 20-64 rounds that you can fire without a reload.

The follower may need to be chamfered on the bottom to allow smooth flow thru the magazines.

This coupler is actually stronger than the parent magazines…..and we guarantee it.

I am duly chastised!
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification, gents.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't see why someone can't do the same with the Metalforms.  Seems like an excellent business opportunity for someone with access to a welder.
View Quote

Because Taccom just made it to where you do it with a screwdriver instead of a welder.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I built this one yesterday after not finding anything last week on a google search. Its two ASC/C-products mags from Midway one 20 and one 32. It will hold 47 rounds fully compressed with five coils cut off of the 20 round spring but I've only got 45 in it now. I didn't get a chance to shoot with it yet but it cycled every round and held the bolt back on my Colt 635 when hand cycled. I modified the second follower by milling a spring pocket into the top for the 32 round spring to sit.

Link Posted: 12/26/2016 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#31]
That's pretty cool.

If you end up having issues with the modified second follower in the mix, I know guys doing extensions for Saiga shotgun mags were connecting the springs from multiple mags with small sections of copper tubing and crimping them together with pretty good results.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top