Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2016 9:28:59 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I was curious if anyone had any experience or insight on if this is worth the price or if there are any negative impacts on the gun.

I am considering getting a 22LR Conversion BCG for my Daniel Defense DDM4V11. This would only be for local range firing (for fun). I would change back after each range use. The rifle range we have is about 30 mins away and my range down the street will allow me to shoot the rifle if it is using a 22LR BCG.

I really know very little about the 22LR round, if it's even worth the fun to shoot, accurate? distance? and lastly  - is it in any way damaging to the barrel of my gun?

thanks in advance for any insight.

Brandon
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot about 2000 rounds through my CMMG chamber insert unit before building a dedicated .22lr upper... I was practicing for the Ft Benning 3 gun matches, on steel, so it gave acceptable accuracy... but no better than 2.5" at 50yd....the first year I left the gas tube on and the upper was filled with a lot of debris, and the second year removed the gas tube/fsb and was considerably better... I have replaced the firing pin, extractor, and recoil spring with parts from TACCOM, and would suggest their unit...with the dedicated CMMG barrel, the accuracy is greatly improved... if you get hooked on the .22 conversion, look at the Boonie Packer better mag adapter and the use of SW15-22 magazines with either CMMG or TACCOM Atchison units... good luck
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
my 22 conversion kit paid for itself probably the first afternoon at the range. I blasted through over 1000 rounds of 22, something I'd never get a chance to do with 223. Just be aware that it does make everything dirty, so you'll want to shoot rifle ammo right after or clean the heck out of it.

I'm in the same position currently, and my ARs with 22 kit are my go to for practice.

I did end up building a 22 upper for it (with an old 223 barrel and no gas tube) so accuracy is good enough for fast shooting on steel. Not a laser but good enough.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is a test I conducted using various dedicated 22 rimfire AR-15's and conversion kit.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/701301_AR_15_22_rimfire_conversion_test_.html
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top