Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2016 11:38:28 PM EDT
I bought this Spartan 9mm side charger upper w/ LRBHO. As expected, it's wider in certain dimensions that a mil-spec upper.  http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spartan_9MM_45ACP_Non_Reciprocating_Side_Charge_Bi_p/jb-9-non-recip-lrbho.htm

The upper does have a couple small areas cut out for some rail anti-rotation tabs, but certainly not all would fit. Does anyone know which 8-9" M-Lok rails are compatible with this upper?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I paired my side charging upper from Rousch Sports to the Faxon rail and did not realize that the anti rotation tabs would be an issue until it was too late.  I ended up taking the tabs off with a dremel and you'll never be able to tell by looking at it.  I'll post a few images below.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to mill the tabs on a ALG rail to fit a billet upper I used on a 5.56 rifle. I didn't have to completly remove the tabs. Just made them more narrow and a little thinner. A file and Dremel did the trick in just a short time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Ran into the same issue on my build...URX 4 was the answer. In fact, I liked the rail so much I put them on all my builds.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top