Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2016 8:40:14 AM EDT
Hello i am the new owner of a 45 acp AR.  Its an 8" upper, the lower has a mag block in it.  It came with a birdcage comp/flash hider on it.  I was wondering what my options where for different muzzle devices out there?  I will be running a silencer on it but based on current wait times that won't be for like another 10 months.  I did some googling and don't find much.

thanks for any input.

edit to add ... its a Macon Armory, 8" DI, upper.  Anyone thinking about getting one they are excellent and the Owner is very easy to get a hold of and responsive to questions !!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
if you get sico hybrid they have a 45 cal flash hider and muzzle break   I have the 10.5 upper from rudy with a cncguns greasegun mag lower
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello i am the new owner of a 45 acp AR.  Its an 8" upper, the lower has a mag block in it.  It came with a birdcage comp/flash hider on it.  I was wondering what my options where for different muzzle devices out there?  I will be running a silencer on it but based on current wait times that won't be for like another 10 months.  I did some googling and don't find much.

thanks for any input.

edit to add ... its a Macon Armory, 8" DI, upper.  Anyone thinking about getting one they are excellent and the Owner is very easy to get a hold of and responsive to questions !!
View Quote

Mine has been excellent from the beginning and I echo your assessment of the rifle and Rudy!  While shopping, be aware that the barrel threads are 5/8X24.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Carbine?  You have to wait ten months for a suppressor stamp, but not ten months for an SBR stamp?  Are you looking for an 8" muzzle extension to pin on your barrel or are you building a pistol?

I also own a Macon Armory 8" upper.  It won't have a stamp for another month or two and my suppressor stamp will arrive before it.  

My upper has not been fired or mounted.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carbine?  You have to wait ten months for a suppressor stamp, but not ten months for an SBR stamp?  Are you looking for an 8" muzzle extension to pin on your barrel or are you building a pistol?

I also own a Macon Armory 8" upper.  It won't have a stamp for another month or two and my suppressor stamp will arrive before it.  

My upper has not been fired or mounted.
View Quote

I already had an AR lower registered as an SBR so i bought the conversion kit from Macon.  I didn't purchase the silencer until late June.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Since I always shoot my 45DI 8" suppressed, I never gave too much thought to a muzzle device other than the A2 Rudy provides. After your question, I went on a search and found a Kaw Valley linear comp at Joe Bob Outfitters.  (Click here)
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Since I always shoot my 45DI 8" suppressed, I never gave too much thought to a muzzle device other than the A2 Rudy provides. After your question, I went on a search and found a Kaw Valley linear comp at Joe Bob Outfitters.  (Click here)
View Quote

thats perfect, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're going to be putting a suppressor on the barrel, in the mean time why not just get a thread protector?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]
All,

My plan is to buy an AR lower (register as SBR) that will be compatible with the DI system.

Anyone know what lower will allow LRBHO or is that not possible with this system?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Rudy's (Macon Armory) new magwell adapter and magazines give 100% lock back and function with every bullet I have tried in it including lead SWC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rudy's (Macon Armory) new magwell adapter and magazines give 100% lock back and function with every bullet I have tried in it including lead SWC.
View Quote

This ^^^^.   Any AR15 lower should suffice since the mag block and mags are the key parts for lrbho.  I used an Anderson lower that I already had a stamp for.

As far as a thread protector, I use the A2 flashhider when I remove the Osprey45.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine is a Spikes lower

Edit to Add - the Macon Armory AR adapter only works with Macon Armory mags if that matters to you  BUT  you could literally beat a man to death with the mags that Macon Armory is making, they are as stout as an eastern euro AK mag IMHO
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome so is an sbr barrel avail and can I use one of my existing rails
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Awesome so is an sbr barrel avail and can I use one of my existing rails
View Quote

Rudy has an FAQ on his Industry page that will help you. Click here
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top