Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 10:10:34 PM EDT
I have had my Lone Wold Glock lower on my 5" 9mm for quite a while, however due to deployments and such I have only sporadically been able to use it.    When I have taken it out I use it like a carbine for standing drills, where it works great.

However, I noticed the other day that while bench firing to zero the magazine is extremely loose in the magwell, and if the slightest pressure is applied to it the gun will fail to feed because the magazine is pushed so far out of alignment.  Im surprised (more embarrassed) I never noticed this before, pretty big lack of attention to detail on my part.

Does anybody else have one and is this a semi-normal problem?  Im hoping there is some sort of fix to this, as this receiver is already a registered SBR.

Gratuitous pic of rifle

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#1]
don't have one, but from what I gather you are saying is that the mag has "wobble" side to side or front to back or both which is causing FTF .   what 33 round mag are you using? factory GLOCK or a after market one?  have you tried factory  G17?   adjust the mag release so the mag will be  tighter in the mag well. it won't be  "drop free" but it should tighten the mag more in the mag well.

only thing I can come up to aviate the "wobble" if all else fails,  is to use 100 MPH tape on the magazine  to shim it so that  the magazine  doesn't wobble in the magwell.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have had my Lone Wold Glock lower on my 5" 9mm for quite a while, however due to deployments and such I have only sporadically been able to use it.    When I have taken it out I use it like a carbine for standing drills, where it works great.

However, I noticed the other day that while bench firing to zero the magazine is extremely loose in the magwell, and if the slightest pressure is applied to it the gun will fail to feed because the magazine is pushed so far out of alignment.  Im surprised (more embarrassed) I never noticed this before, pretty big lack of attention to detail on my part.
View Quote

If it was me, I would be on the phone to lone wolf, and I would be asking them for help.

Because either the mag catch is allowing the slop....or the magwell is oversized.
I would also try some ETS mags in there.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it was me, I would be on the phone to lone wolf, and I would be asking them for help.

Because either the mag catch is allowing the slop....or the magwell is oversized.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried ETS, korean and factory, same thing,  Its a proprietary mag release, so no adjustment on it, just a pin and a spring.

I contacted them last night, hopefully this has been identified and another magazine release has been made since.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It's most likely due to the over-insertion of the mag when it's resting on a table/ground or other surface. This is known by LWD and I understand they are working on a fix to implement in the current production of the lower receiver.

Here is a video with the issue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJNil24XZIA
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an early one with thousands of rounds through it. I have never had any issues with it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The potential for magazine over insertion is a "known" issue but not widely known it appears. Lone Wolf is aware of it but apparently it doesn't happen often enough for them to address it. I came across this YouTube video addressing it.

https://youtu.be/AJNil24XZIA
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Well they definitely never addressed my emails. I'm stuck out in some training but I plan on calling them when I get back.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top