Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2016 9:36:33 AM EDT
does the PSA 9mm comp (Miculek style ) have any porpoise holes at the top?... pictures don't specifically show them, but looks like there might be...  thanks Les
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the psa brake help with muzzle rise for super fast follow up shots? I'm curious to know if a 9mm muzzle brake would help? Yes, I know there's no recoil, but I like to shoot fast! I've heard there's not enough muzzle gas to allow for a functional brake to work. Is this true?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally on my 8in 9mm SBR I had a kak flash can. I didn't like how the muzzle jumped off target after each shot (being a 9mm it wasn't much, but still more than what I wanted). I'm not planning on getting a can so I switched the flash can out for JP's Comp and now it has comparable muzzle rise as my .223 comp gun running a SJC titan comp (maybe not that much, but negligible muzzle rise). Thats even running factory American Eagle 124gr fmj's. My reloads had even less rise.

If your running a 16in barrel may be a little different though. Depending on what load/ round your shooting, there may not be enough extra gas expelling from the end of the barrel to make that much of a difference between a FH or a comp. I haven't shot a 16in so I'm just speculating.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool. Thanks for the input. I'll look into those comps and keep reading.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Does no one have experience with the PSA 9mm comp? Does it work at all?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top