Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ditto - if there's a working MBT solution, I'll gladly send some money to Georgia to get one for my NFA-Glock mag lower.
View Quote

Double Ditto
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
My MBT won't even fit in my QC10 lower. Would love the MBT to be compatible (from a function standpoint as I'm sure I could widen the trigger area) as it's my go to trigger on other builds. I've become so spoiled that the milspec trigger on my 9mm build is awful.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My MBT won't even fit in my QC10 lower. Would love the MBT to be compatible (from a function standpoint as I'm sure I could widen the trigger area) as it's my go to trigger on other builds. I've become so spoiled that the milspec trigger on my 9mm build is awful.
View Quote

Mine is a QC10 and it fits fine. Wonder if your FCG pocket is a little narrow?  Mine works in my lower without issue, but I did notice that when hand cycling the action, compared to a standard FCG the bolt has to make it about 3/8" further rearward to trip the hammer and reset for the next shot. Rudy and I talked about this when I was at the shop last week and I think he has a solid fix for that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Mine is a QC10 and it fits fine. Wonder if your FCG pocket is a little narrow?  Mine works in my lower without issue, but I did notice that when hand cycling the action, compared to a standard FCG the bolt has to make it about 3/8" further rearward to trip the hammer and reset for the next shot. Rudy and I talked about this when I was at the shop last week and I think he has a solid fix for that.
View Quote

I've got a very early QC10 lower and I wonder if they later made changes to the design. I don't think it would take too much to widen and accommodate the MBT.

What's your overall setup?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've got a very early QC10 lower and I wonder if they later made changes to the design. I don't think it would take too much to widen and accommodate the MBT.

View Quote

I also have an early QC10 lower (I believe from the very first batch).  I was having trouble getting a Timney trigger to fit and emailed them.  Russ told me that the anoddizing company they were using didn't do a very good job and threw the dimensions in some areas off, but just a tiny bit.  Russ was going to send the next batch of lowers to a different company.  So I took a dremel and removed just a bit of material from the front of the trigger well at the bottom.  It didn't take much and the trigger fit.  I took a blueing pen and covered the bare aluminum.  That was about 2 years ago and there have been no issues.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I also have an early QC10 lower (I believe from the very first batch).  I was having trouble getting a Timney trigger to fit and emailed them.  Russ told me that the anoddizing company they were using didn't do a very good job and threw the dimensions in some areas off, but just a tiny bit.  Russ was going to send the next batch of lowers to a different company.  So I took a dremel and removed just a bit of material from the front of the trigger well at the bottom.  It didn't take much and the trigger fit.  I took a blueing pen and covered the bare aluminum.  That was about 2 years ago and there have been no issues.
View Quote

Thanks for the insight. I'll give that a shot on mine.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Macon armory 8" upper, QC10 lower with standard parts kit/MBT, and KAK tube/spring/Shockwave with Macon Armory bufferAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Trigger is on the way back by priority mail.....I already have MBT hammer/trigger  sets in my office from the good folks at Larue Tactical.....and as soon as I finish up the changes I am making.....testing will begin.......once I have a minimum of 1000 rounds down range....we hope to put the solution in production.....and get it up on the website for purchase.
View Quote

Hey Rudy, it sounds like you are incredibly busy... would it be possible to get your analysis of what you think the basic problem is?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had an MBT in my QC10 lower, QC10 bolt, slash's heavy buffer setup. The trigger wouldn't reset once every 20-30 rounds, then finally fired a 4 round burst at the indoor range which got me some funny looks. I swapped it for a milspec trigger in one of my rifles for now. I'll be trying an SSA-E in it as funds allow.

It was disappointing. I absolutely love the MBT trigger.
View Quote

update:  MBT works excellent in AR45 from Macon Armory.  I have run 4 mags through it around 6 times now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
update:  MBT works excellent in AR45 from Macon Armory.  I have run 4 mags through it around 6 times now.
View Quote

Did you have anything done specifically to run the MBT?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is an initial preliminary test....need to run with a Glock lower as well....but initial result are extremely promising.....the upper used would not even occasionally reset when tested with the Larue MBT. Once testing confirms that all is well...we will be incorporating the adjustments into all Macon Armory products.....hoping to have them on the website within a couple of months max.
Looking for a Geissele Trigger to test with as well.....
Special thanks to the folks at Larue Tactical for providing the triggers for testing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We2ux7Ip_yY
View Quote

Hey there Rudy, thanks so much for your efforts with the MBT investigation.
If I had a Geissele I'd be more than happy to lend it to you.
I do have a Hiperfire 243G trigger that you could play with if you were interested?
My brief experience with it was that it was more reliable than the MBT but not near good enough.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Be glad to plug it in and run it....
View Quote

I've got 5 of them sitting around. All you had to do was ask.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I tried a few lighter triggers in my 9mm and had issues with doubling and tripling. Maybe it was me and an uncontrolled bump fire.  

I prefer a heavier trigger because of that.  I use the ALG enhanced trigger group.  Clean break, smooth, consistent.  Somewhere between 5-8lbs but I don't recall if I actually measured it.

I did put an MBT in my .45ACP SBR, but I haven't fired it yet.  It is a nice trigger.
View Quote

Funny - I have the ALG enhanced and it was doubling and tripling when I got it in my QC10 9mm.  I took it apart, cleaned it, lubed it, and put it back in, and hasn't done it since.  Weird.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Hi Rudy,
I think you mentioned earlier in the thread that at some point the "solution" would be available from your website. Is this fix something that can be implemented on any lower running an MBT?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, it is not lower specific.....so far it seems to work well with both colt pattern and Glock pattern lowers, it is basically a redesign of the bolt.........and as soon as I am sure the change doesn't cause problems elsewhere....we'll implement and get them up on the website.
View Quote

Excellent.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes, it is not lower specific.....so far it seems to work well with both colt pattern and Glock pattern lowers, it is basically a redesign of the bolt.........and as soon as I am sure the change doesn't cause problems elsewhere....we'll implement and get them up on the website.
View Quote

Rudy, can existing bolts be modified to run with the MBT?
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#24]
We ran one of my SSA-Es today in an off the shelf 9mm upper with the same modification Rudy did to test with the MBT.  Same results; 100% function through multiple mags. The trigger had run fine in my 8.5" Macon Armory upper/QC10 lower previously, so this modification shouldn't adversely affect any other triggers. Video should be up on his youtube page.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top