Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2016 9:41:05 PM EDT
I have an old Rick Kuehl .22 upper that uses a modified Ciener bolt with the feed ramp on the collar like the Cmmg bolt. Does anyone know if the Cmmg bolt is compatible with the Kuehl upper with no or maybe minor modification?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The only difference maybe the diameter of the barrel and collar inside diameter.  As an example CMMG uses a .460 inside diameter collar whereas TACCOM, Model 1 sales and Spikes used a .500 collar.  I'd also measure the rails which hold the collar.  The rails are notched to accept the collar.  To change collars you carefully pull the rails to rotate the grooves out of alignment and slip the collar out.  I don't have a Kuehl upper to measure but I have a CMMG and Ciener bolts/rails and I have used a CMMG collar with my Ciener bolt.  I don't know if Ciener ever changed demensions on their rails or chamber inserts but if you get the correct diameter collar for your barrel I think your CMMG will work.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply. The ID on the Ceiner collar is .500 so I guess the question is will the Ciener collar work on the Cmmg bolt?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I put an Viton O ring on my smaller barrel stub.
It works OK with the larger collar.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Fork distance is similar.  Even if it's not a perfect fit, it can be made to work.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a follow up. I got a CMMG bolt and the .500 Ciener collar fit just fine. I just did a test fire of 25 rounds in my backyard and function was 100%. Of course I am going to have to shoot it a lot more!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just a follow up. I got a CMMG bolt and the .500 Ciener collar fit just fine. I just did a test fire of 25 rounds in my backyard and function was 100%. Of course I am going to have to shoot it a lot more!
View Quote

Thanks for the update, glad it worked.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top