Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 12:50:04 AM EDT
Here we go new build first 9mm Ar JSE surplus 16" upper with ramped bolt Armalite lower with han block spike 9mm buffer gun fires fine is not resetting trigger extracts spend round fine and chambers next round. If you pull charging handle works fine. Ammoso far has been Tula Brass MAXX I have some PMC didn't try that yet.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
If the trigger sets fine when cycled by hand, then you're short stroking, which means your ammo is too weak or your buffer too heavy or a bit of both.

It's coming back just far enough to cycle out the empty and pick up a new round, but not far enough for your ramped bolt to press the trigger hammer down onto the disconnector, so the hammer just rides the bolt back home into battery.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats kind of what I was thinking. Maybe go back to carbine buffer with the 6 quarters in the back of the tube as a spacer?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thats kind of what I was thinking. Maybe go back to carbine buffer with the 6 quarters in the back of the tube as a spacer?
View Quote

Sounds like a plan!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#4]
the spacer is just for over travel to prevent breaking the bolt hold open.
if yours doesn't do that then you don't need it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the weight of the buffer...and the length of the buffer......sound like you have an extended buffer already......(spikes ST9-X ? ) if so the quarters in the tube could be causing the short stroke......what type of fire control? Standard AR with a rounded hammer or an aftermarket performance trigger?
View Quote

Yes spikes st9-x don't have quarters in there now going back to carbine buffer and quarters if needed. May try other ammo with spikes buffer I always thought the Brass maxx was decent power ammo. Standard hammer ramped bolt standard trigger.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#8]
found the problem I built the lower a year or so ago and some how missed putting in the disconnect spring found one in extra parts box and works perfect
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top