Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2016 11:40:21 AM EDT
So I am starting a 9mm SBR build, efiled last week starting to collect parts.

I've read the Hahn mag blocks appear to be the best.

Hahns website says for Colt/RRA uppers does that mean just mil spec uppers or do I have to run a Colt/RRA upper?

I was planning on running a Mega MKM upper, and a Ballistic Advantage 5.5" barrel.

Will the Hahn mag block not work with this combo? I was thinking about going with the Hahn "dedicated" block not the bottom/top ones.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I was thinking about going with the Hahn "dedicated" block not the bottom/top ones.

Thanks.
View Quote

Buy a dedicated lower it will be cheaper than a HAHN block
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking about going with the Hahn "dedicated" block not the bottom/top ones.

Thanks.

Unless you plan on SBRing the lower and want to be able to use that lower with multiple short uppers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unless you plan on SBRing the lower and want to be able to use that lower with multiple short uppers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If you SBR or plan on using the lower for other uppers get the RRA bottom loader, I have 2 and they work great. ADCO sells them for 170.00 I beleive.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Running  Hahn dedicated block in a spikes lower. It has run 100% since day one. Also run a Black Creek Precision dedicated lower. IT is more cost effective to go with a dedicated lower than a mag block set up.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I've run a Hahn top loading block with a RRA 16" upper & Metalform mags with no failures for years. One of the reasons I went with the Hahn was their feed ramps, which I think has a lot to do with reliability.

The dedicated lowers are a cleaner look but I prefer the flexibility of the adaptors. When I started I was running both a 5.56 & a 9mm upper on the same lower, the top loading Hahn made for a quick swap and the 9mm RRA buffer ran fine for both. Any upper should work with the Hahn block, I think they specify Colt/RRA so you buy an upper with a bolt that's cut for the SMG type mags that Colt & RRA use instead of the Glock mag pattern.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm running Rudy's (Mad Machinist) mag block and it's a work of art! Running flawlessly for me since I made the switch from a dedicated glock lower to a standard lower with colt mags. I'd never go back!!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top