Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2016 4:03:51 PM EDT
I've got a PSA Colt style lower with a PSA bolt, Anderson upper receiver, and a KAW bbl.

I've got everything together and the fit and finish is nice, but this thing will not eject the empty shell. I've checked the ejector and it doesn't seem loose or off center, when I cycle by hand slowly it will eject, but when I shoot, nothing.

What can I do to check on the ejector more? Or am I looking in the wrong direction.

I'm a pistol cal newb, so I'm open to any suggestion.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got a PSA Colt style lower with a PSA bolt, Anderson upper receiver, and a KAW bbl.

I've got everything together and the fit and finish is nice, but this thing will not eject the empty shell. I've checked the ejector and it doesn't seem loose or off center, when I cycle by hand slowly it will eject, but when I shoot, nothing.

What can I do to check on the ejector more? Or am I looking in the wrong direction.

View Quote

What ammo ??
Factory or reloads ?

And is the spent cartridge staying in the chamber...or is it getting stuck outside the chamber and not allowing the next round to be picked up ??

Is the bolt dragging on any components like the mag or buffer detent ??
Plenty of lube on the bolt where it makes contact in the upper ??

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Factory ammo, I tried Remington and Agula
The spent is staying in the upper, it will either get stuck sideways between the bolt and the chamber or the bolt will hold back and the case will be loose in there.

I've tried it with and without the mag without success

I've also lubed it up really good this time around, the first time I took it out I forgot my range back so I tested it dry and it has actually gotten worse with the lube.

I dont see any scratches on the bold where it may be rubbing on anything, and the bolt does hold open on last shot, one shot the spent case was stuck between the bolt and the bolt catch.

thanks for the help

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What ammo ??
Factory or reloads ?

And is the spent cartridge staying in the chamber...or is it getting stuck outside the chamber and not allowing the next round to be picked up ??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ammo ??
Factory or reloads ?

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
for me I had to pull the buffer tube off the gun and that allowed me to hold the bolt in place to see where the ejector was actually hitting when it tried to clear the bolt face.
at least I got a couple of strings off before it just left the case in place.

but basically it was bent down instead of flush with the bolt face. I could not see that working against the spring trying to hold it in place looking at it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]
115gr FMJ Remington will not run in my 9mm AR. It is very weak.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Kinda sounds like the issues I had with mine. Here is my thread : might be some info in it to help. My ejector didn't have a flat face pushing the spent casing downwards prior to out. The extractor I had wasn't locking onto the rim case either. Some tinkering and help from others (including Rudy) And it was running like a top

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=689312
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a colt lower  and  it  won't fire a single round without a jam. I know it's the lower because I have  another 9mm AR lower and it works fine with the same upper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just bought a colt lower  and  it  won't fire a single round without a jam. I know it's the lower because I have  another 9mm AR lower and it works fine with the same upper.
View Quote

PSA Colt lower or Colt Manuf lower?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I've got it fixed. I had to bend the extractor over a bit. I thought it was closer to the bolt but after careful inspection it was just missing the brass.

Thanks all for the help
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the ejector missing the shell casing completely.....or is it hitting the base and causing it to come off the face of the bolt and just not clear the ejection port? If it just isn't clearing the ejection port...take a dremmel cutoff wheel and lightly sand the nose of the hook and square it up.......if it isn't kicking the shell from the extractor, it needs to be slightly bent till it rides the side of the bolt in the slot.....or if you are able to make it to Macon...bring it with you and we can have you running in no time....
View Quote

a BIG +1 for Rudy! He got mine running in no time....
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top