Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 1:26:02 PM EDT
I have a suppressed 9mm SBR that I took out to the range for the first time and I am having tons of issues with it. The lower is the PSA dedicated 9mm lower and the upper was put together by Rudy at Macon Armory. I was failing to eject, and double feeding. I am going to change out the PSA buffer with the Vltor A5 and get some Metalform mags. Any other thoughts on what it could be? I was using the C Products mags and Rudy said those mags shouldn't be an issue with his upper.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I run the C Products mags on mine with no issues. Sounds like a buffer issue. Did you run it without the can?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I was getting pissed and I didn't think of that. What I think was happening was there was not enough blow back to cycle the bolt properly, probably because of the can. The only fix I can think of is the buffer and or buffer spring. I ordered the vltor A5 buffer. I will start from there I guess. 6 inch barrel with GemTech Tundra can.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You should have more back pressure with a can if anything, not less.

Did you try asking Rudy, he's typically the "go to" guy for everyone else's problem childs. I'd think if it was his upper he'd know exactly what to do
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should have more back pressure with a can if anything, not less.

Did you try asking Rudy, he's typically the "go to" guy for everyone else's problem childs. I'd think if it was his upper he'd know exactly what to do
View Quote

He is out of town for the next few days
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm back.....with no mag...pull the bolt back slowly with a round chambered.....and see where the nose of the round is headed when it first starts to touch the ejector.......if it is headed toward the bottom lip of the ejection port....pretty simple fix....I have an AM meeting south of Atlanta on the 45 mags.....resend your number and I'll call ya when I get back......or just call me after lunch at the office....
Look at the ejector.......does it have a downward angle on the nose? If so.....squaring it with a file or a dremel cutoff wheel will probably solve the issue......also check to see if the ejector is laying next to the bolt and hitting the base of the case solidly.........
Rudy
View Quote

The ejector does have the downward angle cut.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The more I look at the ejector, I think that is the culprit. The extractor is doing its job, it is the ejector that is not working right. It is seated in the channel of the bolt perfectly, but the face of the ejector has a downward angle on the face of it. Just like you said Rudy. Any suggestions on filing it flat?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a bastard file that I will give a shot
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top