Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2016 10:13:46 PM EDT
I have a psa glock lower and tried putting a g17g4 (tried 19g4 also)mag in it and I have to push the mag release button in just to get it to go.  Then it also has to be moved just right to lock in, also doesn't drop free.  (Searched and found nothing)

What mags is everyone having luck with?  Ets/gen 3/?? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Gen3 mags seem to be the best fit. My Gen 4 g18 mags drop free just fine but I think the added weight helps out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the smallest mag that will fit in the lower?  G17 mag?  G 19 mag?  Will a G26 fit?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the smallest mag that will fit in the lower?  G17 mag?  G 19 mag?  Will a G26 fit?
View Quote

Yes, even the G26 mag fits.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]
ETS mags won't drop free in my PSA lower, doesn't matter if they're full or empty

Have to muscle them in and out
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.

Looks like gen 3 mags are the way to go then.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Buddy just picked one up and i noticed the same issue. Compared to my DDLES, the mag catch is very blocky and protrudes fairly deep into the mag well. If you insert the mag (EMPTY, to exacerbate the condition) slightly angled towards the right (ie, towards the catch block), the feed lips will run right into the mag latch and block the mag from inserting any deeper. Now rotate the mag slightly to the LEFT and you see the feed lips are clear and you can drive the mag the rest of the way in and it will latch. I'd say that this is largely a case of lack of fit/finish that is commensurate with the lower price point of the product (nearly half the typical competitors cost) and so some fine tuning on the users end could help that. First, Clipping a coil or two off the mag release will loosen up the tension and make insertion effort and drop free a little easier. Second, contouring the mag catch block with a very slight ramp on bottom and/or reducing the amount of internal protrusion would lessen the chances that the top of the mag gets roadblocked by the catch. Dont' have any numbers for reduction amounts but its definitely a case of a little at a time until it performs as you like.

Another factor that may be affecting the mag alignment in the mag well is that its a little shorter so the mag can actually go in slightly crooked to once side or the other. I can't get a mag to go in at that type of angle on my ddles so this could explain why the condition is even permitted to happen and that dressing the mag catch block is the only resolution.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a psa glock lower and tried putting a g17g4 (tried 19g4 also)mag in it and I have to push the mag release button in just to get it to go.  Then it also has to be moved just right to lock in, also doesn't drop free.  (Searched and found nothing)

What mags is everyone having luck with?  Ets/gen 3/?? Thanks
View Quote

Empty ETS 31rd mags drop free from my PSA glock lower but a fully loaded will not.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I took the mag catch out and rounded the bottom of the catch block, now the mags slide in without issue, and it seems like the mag well has some thick finish inside and is getting worn the more I use it. The 17 and 19 gen 4 mags are getting easier to use.  Still have to pull them out by hand but it's not as tough.  Maybe use will break it in and be gtg later on.

Thanks for the info and help
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

G26 mag does fit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#10]
op, the problem is with the plastic mag catch itself. i would be willing to bet if you looked at the magazine you will see a small gouge leading to the notch. the mag catch corner is so sharp it is digging into the mag, and it has to wear the sharp corner off. use your crappiest / cheapest mag and just keep working it in and out, after an hour or so it should be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

G26 mag does fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G26 mag does fit.

+1
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up 2 PSA 9mm Glock Lowers and tried 30 Empty Factory Glock Mags,,, and Only (2) had a tight fit and would Not Drop Free...  So I labeled them for use in my Glock 17,19,26 Pistols Only...
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top