Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2016 12:25:34 AM EDT
What are everybody thoughts about this? Any issues with the block working itself lose and falling out of the bottom?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Top insert FTW
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got the bottom insert one....1200 rounds later it's still as tight as it was in the beginning.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a bottom loader that has been in place since 2007. It has never moved and is 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool deal. The reason I asked about the bottom loader is its going in a SBR.  Once other forms I have submitted return then maybe I'll look into the top mount.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I cant see spending $200 on a HAHN block when you can get a dedicated lower for the same price or cheaper and lighter weight. If Hahn could build sell them for $100 they would be worth it to me but not $200
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cant see spending $200 on a HAHN block when you can get a dedicated lower for the same price or cheaper and lighter weight. If Hahn could build sell them for $100 they would be worth it to me but not $200
View Quote

It's worth it to me on an SBR lower that I can switch back and forth between 9mm, 5.56 and .300BLK in the same registered lower with a Hahn mag block.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:54:42 AM EDT
[#7]
In my case...I already have 6 lowers, all with either American Gold triggers or JP triggers($200-280 triggers)  I converted one of them with the Hahn so that I wouldn't have to purchase a dedicated lower, PLUS another expensive trigger.  Sorry, triggers are very important to me and I'm not going with some gritty crap trigger....SO...overall I saved myself money by just getting the Hahn since I already had the lowers set up the way I want them for my ARs and didn't have to spend even more money on triggers, grips and stocks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
It works just fine in my M16 and has never worked loose.  Not once.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's worth it to me on an SBR lower that I can switch back and forth between 9mm, 5.56 and .300BLK in the same registered lower with a Hahn mag block.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly /\. For a non registered gun, go with a propose built lower but if you are going to go through the time and expensive to SBR it, make sure it's as re-configurable as possible.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top