Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Available in Magpul trim:
View Quote

With the SL stock please?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Will it be available as a stripped lower? If so, the price?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good, I like
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
When do we get stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When do we get stripped lowers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered pistol lower. Form 1 it in a few weeks, before 41F.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
When is the 10.5 upper supposed to be available?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Had to get one.

Been eyeing a stripped lower from BCP or QC10.

190/275 just for the lower?

Or $180 for a pistol lower built up?

LPK=50
Buffer/Tube/Spring=30
Grip=No value assigned

Means the lower is $100.

Can't beat that anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a winner PSA.
Do these use a standard bolt catch or the 9mm specific bolt catch?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This has a specific bolt catch to allow the last round bolt hold open.
View Quote

I'm torn between the Colt style mag version and the Glock style version. I hear the Glock version is more reliable? Any truth to that?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Ordered pistol magpul lower and a few mags. PSA wins again
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm torn between the Colt style mag version and the Glock style version. I hear the Glock version is more reliable? Any truth to that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have never heard the glock style is more reliable.  The colt style has been around for a long time.  If you have a lot of glock mags then get the glock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

looks to be the old style mag catch with the long arm, should have looked into what BPC does
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Already ordered a pistol lower, a few mags and a bolt.

Going to piece together a cheap shooter that should be pretty fun. I'm considering not even using a handguard...

ETA - @PSA - You fine gentlepeople should seriously look into doing a run of nice short uppers with TROS (or house brand) 3-Lug barrels.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#17]
How are these for a Lefty?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You will want a shell deflector on your upper.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]
At least these don't have the goofy trigger guard.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PSA doesn't list a shell deflector on their website.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I believe RRA sells deflectors under there 9mm section
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't be able to add the gas deflector to the PSA upper since it doesn't have the ability to add an ejection port cover.  As a lefty, I recently shot a friend's PSA 9mm AR and I agree you definitely want a gas deflector.

PSA, if you're listening it would be great if you offered some 9mm complete uppers with normal A3 upper receivers or even better slick sided upper receivers that can accept an ejection port cover so we can add gas deflectors
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked my up today from the FFL. Seems to be pretty descent quality.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I ordered a PSA stripped lower last night to build up.  Now need to find some stripped uppers in stock somewhere that will support LRBHO for the colt pattern.
View Quote

You just need a conventional AR15 type upper of any kind.  The colt pattern LRBHO works just like it does on an AR15.  The only difference is on these PSA lowers (and Colt SMGs), they need the pictured "long-finger" bolt catch just because the smaller mag sits further forward than a 5.56 mag would.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You just need a conventional AR15 type upper of any kind.  The colt pattern LRBHO works just like it does on an AR15.  The only difference is on these PSA lowers (and Colt SMGs), they need the pictured "long-finger" bolt catch just because the smaller mag sits further forward than a 5.56 mag would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered a PSA stripped lower last night to build up.  Now need to find some stripped uppers in stock somewhere that will support LRBHO for the colt pattern.

And make sure you use the Metalform magazines. It doesn't matter if you get them from PSA, Brownells, Colt, or Metalform themselves. They just need to have the small metal tab at the rear of the magazine follower to activate the magazine catch and lock the bolt back. If you use modified UZI mags, no last round bolt hold, just a 'click'. The ASC/C-Products magazines might work as well. I just don't use them because of previous bad experiences (feed problems, jams, magazines feed lips dragging against the bottom of the bolt).
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#28]

No serial number? I ordered a Magpul lower, and picked it up at the FFL today. My serial number was stamped below the '9X19' stamp on the LH side of the mag well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
No serial number? I ordered a Magpul lower, and picked it up at the FFL today. My serial number was stamped below the '9X19' stamp on the LH side of the mag well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It looks like he photoshopped out his serial number for privacy reasons in the images.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It looks like he photoshopped out his serial number for privacy reasons in the images.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a ghost gun

J/k, copied a section from above and pasted it on the the SN.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Got mine built last night. No handguard yet as I haven't decided. I will post photos and a little review if I'm able to shoot this evening.

It is going to be nice. I'm really amazed by the quality of the magazines... Also, the BHO works flawlessly and slow feeding by controlling the charging handle is perfect. Even hollow points drive straight toward the chamber without a hitch.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Assembled mine today as well with parts I had been saving for a future project. I bought the Magpul lower, but decided to replace the Moe stock and grip. I also changed out the short PSA 9MM buffer for a Spikes extended buffer from Aim Surplus.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Assembled mine today as well with parts I had been saving for a future project. I bought the Magpul lower, but decided to replace the Moe stock and grip. I also changed out the short PSA 9MM buffer for a Spikes extended buffer from Aim Surplus.
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu291/davestoll/PSA%209MM_zpsiia7tc3p.jpg
View Quote

What upper are you using?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu291/davestoll/PSA%209MM_zpsiia7tc3p.jpg

The upper receiver is a Colt 9MM flat top. I bought it from Brownells a couple years ago. Seems to match the PSA lower real well. I bought the barrel from JSE Surplus. It's a Wilson Arms with a black nitride finish. Daniel Defense hand guard.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I received my lower and upper from PSA last week. Pistol lower for $179. 7.5" Upper with BCG for $399. I prefer to build my own but this was by far the cheapest way I could find to try a 9mm.

I took it to the range yesterday and it does not operate very well. It never fired more than 1 or 2 rounds without jamming. Some failed to eject. Some failed to feed.

I was using 115 grain Speer Lawman TMJ. I tried some 124 grain hollow point from Freedom Munitions. Same problem.

I have some Speer Lawman 147 grain TMJ and will try that. I lubed it before shooting but will clean it again.

I did weigh the buffer supplied with the lower and it was only 5 3/8 ounces. That seems light for a 9mm buffer compared to what I see listed for the typical 9mm.

Very disappointing. I am looking for suggestions to get it to run.

" />

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I received my lower and upper from PSA last week. Pistol lower for $179. 7.5" Upper with BCG for $399. I prefer to build my own but this was by far the cheapest way I could find to try a 9mm.

I took it to the range yesterday and it does not operate very well. It never fired more than 1 or 2 rounds without jamming. Some failed to eject. Some failed to feed.

I was using 115 grain Speer Lawman TMJ. I tried some 124 grain hollow point from Freedom Munitions. Same problem.

I have some Speer Lawman 147 grain TMJ and will try that. I lubed it before shooting but will clean it again.

I did weigh the buffer supplied with the lower and it was only 5 3/8 ounces. That seems light for a 9mm buffer compared to what I see listed for the typical 9mm.

View Quote

What mags are you using?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#38]
I ordered them from PSA. I tried the 20 round with the orange follower. I believe it is ASC. The other was a 32 round from PSA.

" />
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#39]
You might need to tune the ejector arm on your new lower. Pull the bolt back some and look into the ejection port to see where the ejector rides in relationship to the bolt face. There is a very small cutout in the face of the bolt for the ejector to come through and make contact with the extracted casing. The goal is to have the ejector arm positioned so that it is almost up against the bottom of the bolt, and almost touching the center rib. I use a small crescent wrench, closed down to the width of the ejector, to twist the ejector arm at it's base. Put the upper and lower back together to check your work until you get it positioned correctly.
This old thread might explain it better than I do.

Ejector Tuning
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Your gun may need stiffer ammo or a lighter spring. Back pressure (can, Flaming Pig, etc) may help as well.

I would try some 147's before tinkering with anything.

As with most automatics, make sure it has something to prevent it from bleeding energy during cycling. The blade you are using should suffice.

Also use some grease on the bolt. Anything will do but I like the TW-25 stuff.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Just went through the same issue with a new bolt I bought for my 9mm, lucky for me the old bolt worked perfect. I narrowed the issue down to the extractor on the new bolt.

Was getting FTF because the empty wasn't being ejected and was flipped around in the chamber, also extraction was erratic and not strong. I bought another bolt, this time a RRA and it works perfect.  My guess is the extractor is the issue.

Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag206/Liftman101/PSA%209mm%20-%20Copy_zpsscyy54vp.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:58:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Sorry if this was asked and I missed it...

Can I use any 9mm upper I want for a build if using the PSA colt style lower or will only PSA uppers work?

Has anybody used their rifles yet if they used something other than PSA upper? And with what results?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:00:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Any upper will work. The bcg is important as I am learning with my new pistol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:05:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks everyone for the advice. The reversed shell casing with the jammed cartridge against it is exactly what I experienced the most. I will ask PSA for a new bcg before I mess with it. It is amusing that the first AR I buy complete doesn't run. My builds had no problems.I guess 9mm is tougher to get right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Could someone please post a pic of the mag well (bottom)? Is it flared/beveled?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's the pic. Looks pretty much like a standard AR-15 lower receiver magazine well, except smaller. And, other than the small magazine well, the rest of the PSA lower looks pretty much like a CMMG MK9 lower.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Here's the pic. Looks pretty much like a standard AR-15 lower receiver magazine well, except smaller. And, other than the small magazine well, the rest of the PSA lower looks pretty much like a CMMG MK9 lower.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu291/davestoll/PSA%209MM%20Magwell_zpsgvrow51i.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu291/davestoll/PSA%209MM%20Magwell_zpsgvrow51i.jpg

Thanks Dave, that's flared pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sorry if this was asked and I missed it...

Can I use any 9mm upper I want for a build if using the PSA colt style lower or will only PSA uppers work?

Has anybody used their rifles yet if they used something other than PSA upper? And with what results?

Thanks
View Quote

Built my lower up this weekend and mated a JSE Surplus 9mm complete upper withe ramped bolt. Fired 250 rounds with no issues at all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Does it use a standard bolt catch? And I assume it will work ok with non-Palmetto BCG's and uppers?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top