Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2016 7:09:27 AM EDT
Anyone other than Quarter Circle 10 (Link) have dedicated 9mm lowers with small magwell?  Only interested in Colt magazine styles.

I've found Rock River, CMMG etc but they all have the magwells that look like a regular AR15.  Plan a dedicated 9mm SBR and like the look of the magwell sized to the magazine.

Also, any other source of side-charger uppers for 9mm.  I've seen Matrix.  Hoping to do a side charger to minimize gas in the face (will be suppressed)

Small Magwell 9mm Lowers:
Quarter Circle 10
Black Creek Precision
MGI
Gun Point
Palmetto State Armory

9mm Side Chargers
Matrix
New Frontier
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Black Creek Precision

IIRC
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks.  Edited original post with hotlink for anyone else who is interested.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if this will help but SMF Tactical, out here in Calif, has dedicated 9mm 80% lowers, I believe they start at $89 and depending on finish go up.  I have 2 and several partners have them also.
JoeBob outfitters was selling side charging uppers for $199 last week, two of us have them and they work great.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a dedicated 9MM lower I've been interested in. Gun Point 9MM AR Lowers
ETA: Now that I look at the Black Creek Precision I think I prefer the look of the forged lower.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETA: Now that I look at the Black Creek Precision I think I prefer the look of the forged lower.
View Quote

When I bought my Black Creek EF9 last year, I waited a couple weeks. The guy I talked to recommended the Gun Point if I was in a hurry. I got the impression BCP makes the Gunpoint Lowers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I used this one for my fathers build , seemed like a very nice lower

ETA: Opps my bad they only have glock lowers now
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone other than Quarter Circle 10 (Link) have dedicated 9mm lowers with small magwell?  Only interested in Colt magazine styles.

I've found Rock River, CMMG etc but they all have the magwells that look like a regular AR15.  Plan a dedicated 9mm SBR and like the look of the magwell sized to the magazine.

Also, any other source of side-charger uppers for 9mm.  I've seen Matrix.  Hoping to do a side charger to minimize gas in the face (will be suppressed)

Small Magwell 9mm Lowers:
Quarter Circle 10
Black Creek Precision

View Quote

If you do some looking, you'll find more lower and upper receivers.

https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/side-charging-ar-9-stripped-billet-upper-with-lrbho/

https://www.mgi-military.com/store/index.php?product_id=154&type=&category=20

I'm currently running a NFA side charger upper with great results.
I'm using their BCG, but that shouldn't make a difference if you use a different BCG.

If you can find a Palmetto State Defense lower still floating around, they use colt mags with a regular AR  mag catch.

Also....search these threads for information.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1098494

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/outdoor-sports-recreation/1476474-9mm-ar.html

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

$400!  Youch!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The Gibbs side charger works great on 9mm. I used it before I replaced it with my Matrix side charging 9mm. My Matrix 9mm took some break in time. American Spirit arm made a side charging up but expect grit in your teeth with it when shooting suppressed. They designed it wrong.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Add PSA to your list.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the replies, many more options than I knew about (updated list in the OP for a quick links).

For side chargers: will any AR side charger work or is there something different in the bolt/carrier?  ie. the GIBBZ side charger mentioned above looks to be for a "normal" AR15, I assume any side charging upper will work with a 9mm?

Nice to see PSA has them, all the others are quite expensive for a lower.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#12]
If you already have your rail, make sure the side charger will work. I bought the NFA side charging upper for my QC10 build and it wouldnt fit with my rail(Rainier Force). I ended up using the QC10 mur upper.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top