Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2016 7:00:39 PM EDT
No that I have just finished my last SBR, a PS90, I decided I am finally going to go ahead with my 9mm SBR build. Let me know if I am going about this correctly.

I probably should have checked with you guys first, but I ordered my lower today. From runnerrunnerguns.com

runnerrunnerguns.com Lower

I'm guessing these lowers are made by New Frontier Armory?

I was thinking I would go ahead and order a matching upper from them as well. Good idea, or should I take another route?

Runnerrunner LRBHO Upper

Same for the barrel and bolt assembly? Are these good or should I be looking elsewhere?

I will probably go with a 9" YHM Keymod rail. I will be using a suppressor and I need a rail with a wide enough diameter to accommodate my AAC TiRant 9mm. Any other suggestions on the rail?

It would be cool to do a PDW stock, but they are like $400, so I may just go with a basic Magpul or something similar. It will be an SBR so I have lots of choices. Any recommendations here?

I will be going with a Geissele or similar quality trigger and lots of BAD parts or similar for the lower. I might throw in some red anodized small lower parts and a STRIKE red charging handle for the fun of it.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Slash's 8.5 oz heavy buffer at heavybuffers.com . if it were me I would go with a nice low creep/ fast reset single action trigger for a 9mm SBR. To me the two stage triggers are more for precision shooting.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No that I have just finished my last SBR, a PS90, I decided I am finally going to go ahead with my 9mm SBR build. Let me know if I am going about this correctly.

I probably should have checked with you guys first, but I ordered my lower today. From runnerrunnerguns.com

runnerrunnerguns.com Lower

I'm guessing these lowers are made by New Frontier Armory?

I was thinking I would go ahead and order a matching upper from them as well. Good idea, or should I take another route?

Runnerrunner LRBHO Upper

Same for the barrel and bolt assembly? Are these good or should I be looking elsewhere?

I will probably go with a 9" YHM Keymod rail. I will be using a suppressor and I need a rail with a wide enough diameter to accommodate my AAC TiRant 9mm. Any other suggestions on the rail?

It would be cool to do a PDW stock, but they are like $400, so I may just go with a basic Magpul or something similar. It will be an SBR so I have lots of choices. Any recommendations here?

I will be going with a Geissele or similar quality trigger and lots of BAD parts or similar for the lower. I might throw in some red anodized small lower parts and a STRIKE red charging handle for the fun of it.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!
View Quote

I built a pistol using their labeled upper, lower, bolt, Runner Runner LPK, 7.5 " barrel, 11" EOS keymod rail, KAK flash hider. I ran 850 rounds through it over 2 range sessions.
It ran perfectly without a hitch. A Pmag Glock mag ran but did not hold bolt open on last round. Glock mags (33 and 17 round) ran 100%. I used Fed 147 FMJ flat point, Hornady Zombie Max, Fiocchi 115 HP, WIN White box, and various mixed ammo from my range bag. Zero malfunctions (aside from the Pmag hiccup.

I think you are off to a good start.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless I'm mistaken, those uppers are fairly new in terms of availability but the lowers have been out for at least a few months.

Talked in depth to a couple of the RRG guys at a couple of fun shows when I first saw the lower and asked about an upper/bolt to go with it.  Neither were available at the time because they had really been working to make sure the combo was as close to flawless as possible.  They didn't want to spec out the parts for production until they were sure...that's how I remember it anyway.

With that said, you already have their lower so maybe you remove some/all potential issues later by just finishing out with their parts.   If you run into any issues, I'm sure they would be responsive since most of them have invested time with the project.

As far as a handguard, I used a Samson Evo keymod on my 9mm pistol with a ti-rant 9 and the dimensions work well for a shrouded build if that's what you're after.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of their lowers,  I had to Dremel the ejector to get my non NFA upper to close. Not a lot, just enough to get it to close. I found the Allen screws for the hold open lever and mag catch to be very soft, so be careful when you tighten them. Mine also didn't want to hold the mags in but I think I've got that solved. Going out for a test today. My lower is the Joe Bobs brand of the NFA.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
And it begins! Picked it up at 1PM today. Form 1 filed by 2PM :)

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
man I had to swap out the seekins selector I've got. I love all my seekins products and wanted to like their selectors but they're too damn tight and sharp. Took way too much effort to flip the switch and damn near pierces your finger if you're not wearing gloves.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
man I had to swap out the seekins selector I've got. I love all my seekins products and wanted to like their selectors but they're too damn tight and sharp. Took way too much effort to flip the switch and damn near pierces your finger if you're not wearing gloves.
View Quote

We will see. Went with all the red parts I could find. Seekins Red Selector, Red Fore Grip, Red Buffer Tube.Just want to do a fun build. So tired of black and FDE.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We will see. Went with all the red parts I could find. Seekins Red Selector, Red Fore Grip, Red Buffer Tube.Just want to do a fun build. So tired of black and FDE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I hear ya, I basically went the same route. Spent double on the Rainier arms version of the badass selector as what the seekins would have cost but I do love this safety.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top