Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2016 9:46:26 AM EDT
Quick question,

I was out shooting my 9mm AR pistol this weekend (literally hadn't shot it in like a year ) and it was not ejecting the brass about every other round. It has a new PSA Mag Block which replaced a Promag block because I figured the metal design would be more durable. Thing ran very well with the promag block, for the record.

From my reading this seems to mean that the problem is the ejector needs adjusting. I've seen some excellent diagrams of where the ejector should be positioned.

However, I have never done this. Do you just simply take some pliers and bend the ejector?

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Pliers, a little at a time, at the range. Adjust till you get proper ejection.  This one had to be bent toward center a bit.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
it was easier for me to pull the buffer tube and then position it in place to see where it met up with the shell casing.
I was going to just pull the buffer and spring but realized I might get it stuck in the tube.

the only thing trying to move it is the trigger at that point.
you can then pull it back and tweek it a bit till it rides perfectly.
it was very hard to see and adjust pulling the bolt back on its own trying to see where it lined up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it was easier for me to pull the buffer tube and then position it in place to see where it met up with the shell casing.

I was going to just pull the buffer and spring but realized I might get it stuck in the tube.

the only thing trying to move it is the trigger at that point.

you can then pull it back and tweek it a bit till it rides perfectly.

it was very hard to see and adjust pulling the bolt back on its own trying to see where it lined up.
View Quote
Thanks, not a bad idea.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top