Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2016 2:03:46 AM EDT
Short story is with one small mod to the upper, IT WORKS!  File a small notch on the lower left side of the upper where the bolt catch hits.

I have 2 9MM ARs on DDLES GSF lowers - a 7" SBR and a 16" carbine.  The SBR has a QC10 bolt with an Aero Precision slick side upper.  The carbine has a Glock cut CMMG bolt and a Sun Devil billet slick side upper .  I run Slash's 9Q-T heavy buffer and Wolff Extra Power spring along with ALG triggers in both.  I've never been able to get either lower LRBHO to work 100% with the Sun Devil billet upper.  Both work great with the Aero Precision upper.

I swapped the required parts and removed the DDLES BHO.  Tried it out with some snap caps and Glock mags.  It would only lock back about half the time. The bolt catch was only engaging the lower 1/16" of the bolt.  I then noticed the bolt catch had more travel with the upper off.  I also noticed the NFA had beefier side walls and less space between them than the Aero Precision.  The left side of the NFA upper was blocking the upward travel of the bolt catch.  A few swipes with a file put a slight bevel on the upper giving the bolt catch more upward travel.  I now had 1/8 to 3/16" of engagement and the bolt locks back on all my Glock factory mags.  I tried one of Magpul's new mags but it only works about half the time.

One other thing to watch out for.  When taking the upper off, rotate the BHO counter clockwise or it may catch on the bullet guide.

Pete

Aero left, NFA right

Notch

Before

After

Mandatory pic or it didn't happen NFA top
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I could kiss you right now.  No homo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]
A hand shake or friendly wave will do
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top