Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2016 9:30:26 PM EDT

12 rounds into the first mag this happened. First 11 rounds were perfectly normal, the 12th I kinda heard a pop and felt some debris on my face. Look down and the damn extractor had a disappearing act. Couldn't find any sign of it or any pieces of it.
Really starting to wish I would have just waited for angstadt to be in stock. Between the rearward slop in the upper, which I can't imagine having anything to do with the extractor blowing off, and the extractor issue, I'm getting slightly frustrated with nfa.
Has anyone seen or had this happen? I was shooting regular old Winchester white box ammo that I've shot 1000s of rounds of before with not a single problem.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
...and would you be satisfied with nfa sending a replacement extractor or ask for a refund altogether?
I had originally planned on using an angstadt bolt but by the time I was ready to buy they were oos and seem to still be. QC10 is substantially more expensive but maybe for good reason?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
....well that's certainly interesting.  You hit up NFA yet for a replacement?  That's what I'd do.  Parts break, shit happens, install a new one and drive on.  If it happens again I'd want a full refund.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
....well that's certainly interesting.  You hit up NFA yet for a replacement?  That's what I'd do.  Parts break, shit happens, install a new one and drive on.  If it happens again I'd want a full refund.
View Quote

Yes, he offered an extractor. Between this and the issues with the upper I'm having a sour taste in my mouth with them but I'm not unreasonable.  I just need to be able to depend on a weapon and I really do love and enjoy this build up until all this. Apparently it's a standard ar15 extractor but I've shot 10s of thousands of rounds thru ARs/m16 variants and have never seen this happen.
I really wanted to find the damn thing so I could examine it and see if I could understand what happened.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
You may consider a JP enhanced bolt. They are a bit pricey but I think well worth it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
"heard a pop and felt debris in the face, couldn't find any parts of the extractor"

how did the 12th rounds case look? sounds like what i would expect from an out of battery / case failure. is this a possibility op?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"heard a pop and felt debris in the face, couldn't find any parts of the extractor"

how did the 12th rounds case look? sounds like what i would expect from an out of battery / case failure. is this a possibility op?
View Quote

first thing I thought of. I collected all casings and every single one looked normal. "pop" wasn't really the right description, I just felt something different and felt debris or something on my face, looked down and no extractor. definitely a first for me
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top