Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2016 12:02:09 PM EDT
Anyone hear of the actual release or preorder for these? I may just go with a gibzz SC if it's going to be awhile, I wanted to keep most of my build qc10 but the wait is killing me. I wish they would get a damn industry partner forum on here cause they don't answer shit in email.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
In my experience, they do answer the phone really well, though.
I think leading up to, and during, shot show they must've gotten really behind on orders, because the normally quick turn around/shipping has slowed dramatically on my latest order. So, they're probably slammed trying to catch up.
I went with the Gibbz myself, but plan to try out QC10's version too and keep whichever I like better.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you like the gibbz?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The upper is assembled but not on the lower yet. Waiting on tax stamp just another 4 weeks I hope.
Sure is nice to look at I the mean time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:53:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the matrix arms and much prefer it to the others
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok thanks fellas. I'll check out the matrix.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#6]
i had the same thought/question yesterday  -- emailed them inquiring about timelines for availability or pre-order ..  they said ...

"I have a meeting tomorrow with Vltor and we are discussing the modifications we need to make before it goes into production and timeline. Stay tuned"

doesn't sound like it will be soon.   i think the Matrix upper looks better than what they [QC10] posted from the SHOT show anyhow..  so starting to think more about that as an option.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#7]
From the looks of it Matrix Arms was the first company they were working with on this.  The original photos on the QC10 facebook page and even their site showed the same model you see on the Matrix web page.  They are now admittedly working with Vltor.  The Matrix version looks a lot better than the Vltor verson.  The new QC10 version looks like a piece of flat bar with a handle welded to it.  The Matrix at least looks like there was some engineering built into it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Gibbz with my DDLES/QC10 lower. No issues and I'm happy with it.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, you guys are twisting my arm harder here.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:01:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone hear of the actual release or preorder for these? I may just go with a gibzz SC if it's going to be awhile, I wanted to keep most of my build qc10 but the wait is killing me. I wish they would get a damn industry partner forum on here cause they don't answer shit in email.
View Quote

You can call them. They do answer the phone and will answer questions. I called the other day to ask them questions about their new mp5 lower and whats up with the upper for it. MP5 mags are a little to wide for a normal AR upper. They would need to be milled to fit. I was told Vltor is helping them with the solution.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:05:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, you guys are twisting my arm harder here.
View Quote

I have a gibbz and love it...but I ordered a matrix about a week ago. It's on backorder. I probably would have ordered the matrix first. It looks awesome. My gibbz maybe going into storage or another build for later
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i had the same thought/question yesterday  -- emailed them inquiring about timelines for availability or pre-order ..  they said ...

"I have a meeting tomorrow with Vltor and we are discussing the modifications we need to make before it goes into production and timeline. Stay tuned"

doesn't sound like it will be soon.   i think the Matrix upper looks better than what they [QC10] posted from the SHOT show anyhow..  so starting to think more about that as an option.
View Quote

I called them about the side charger around Sept/Oct time frame. I was told 4-5 weeks before they'd be available. Obviously that window has long passed. I did buy their standard upper. Not a fan of the lack of dust cover.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#13]
At this point I am done waiting on QC10.  This is their second iteration of side chargers, and the Matrix appears to be available and looks to be the better design.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#14]
First time I have heard of Matrix Arms, even though they are in the same state.  I'll have to take a look.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#15]
MAS Defense also has a dedicated 9 mm side charging upper.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I went with the ASA 9MM upper.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Interesting OP posted this because I had the same question. I submitted a question to QC10 yesterday and within 10 minutes I had a response from the OWNER of QC10. Talk about an owner that's on top of his business! Anyway, here is his response......

We had meeting w Vltor last week and need to make a couple of changes, make another prototype and then it will go into production if it gets approved.  10-12 weeks or sooner. As we get closer, we will put them up on our website for preorder.
Thank you for your interest.

Bettina Mathis
Owner
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Matrix I picked up from Joe Bob Outfitters and I love it! I use it for a 9mm build. It does not require any modifications to bolt and no blow back in the face. I use it with the Strike Industries bolt catch which makes a one handed hold back super easy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#19]
The MAS Defense price is great.  Ordered!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I had thought about buying a Matrix made AR before I got my 9mm build started. It looked like a high quality piece. I was told they make aerospace parts and such so I would think there quality would be good. If the QC10 side charger is the one that they posted pics of at Shot, it looked like a glob of play-do stuck to the side of an upper/bolt. I actually thought it was a prank or something. I have a 2VetsArms side charging AR and even with the reciprocating charging knob, I love it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The MAS Defense price is great.  Ordered!
View Quote

Matrix is at the same price ($199) at JBO for anyone else interested.  or it was yesterday.. 2/7
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top