Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:21:59 PM EDT
I have read that the Tavor 9mm mags work and n the Colt pattern lowers.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  Do they need any modifications like an Uzi mag?  Seems the Tavor mags are quite a bit cheaper than metalform and if they work, would help out.  thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Tavor but don't have a 9 MM conversion.  I read on the Bullpup forum that users there report the IWI Tavor 9 MM mags are made by ASC.  The ASC mags and IWI Tavor mags are compatible with the Colt 9 MM AR-15.  According to members on the Bullpup forum the 9 MM Tavor is very reliable with the ASC mags.  I shot one at the bullpup shoot with the Ratworx integral suppressor and it was totally reliable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the ASC mags in a Black Creek Precision dedicated skinny lower. Mine have been 100%. The finish is a bit thick, but wears in rather quickly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have read that the Tavor 9mm mags work and n the Colt pattern lowers.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  Do they need any modifications like an Uzi mag?  Seems the Tavor mags are quite a bit cheaper than metalform and if they work, would help out.  thanks
View Quote

The 9MM Tavor uses the Colt pattern mags. The ASC 9MM mags (and sometimes the C-Products 9MM mags before them) work in most Colt pattern 9MM lowers. The only problems I ever had with the ASC mags was when trying to use them with Hahn magwell adapters. The larger bull nose on their magazine follower would catch on the edge of the Hahn magwell adapter's feedramp causing problems. The Colt pattern magazines manufactured by Metalform have a more rounded leading edge on their magazine follower like the UZI magazines do.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top