Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2015 9:09:07 AM EDT
Hey all. Been shooting my old remmy 511-x scoremaster at the silouette range lately and im having way more fun that i should be. Currently im zeroed for 200m and hits at 300m are no problem on the steel. 385 takes some more effort....its a duplex scope haha.

Im looking at doing a 22lr upper for my precision ar next. I just found taccom and im VERY interested in the 17" model. I already have a cmmg ss conversion kit i frequently run. Im posting up to see what 100m accuracy is with subs. I run cci std and norma tac 22 and have some cases of each.

Anyone know if you can do 1" @ 100yds? My old bolt can so i wanna have good accuracy for when i throw em out there.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not shoot our 17 inch alot on paper but I would think with really good ammo, shooters skills, rested, good optics and good weather conditions it is possible. Many get around 1/2 inch at 50 yards..Whether that translates to  1 inch at 100 yard range is the question. Likely could, dependent on the requirements stated above.

I know the two Taccoms we have are very nice shooting barrels. Even the 9 inch we just received a couple weeks ago shoots very accurate..

Like I say we do not shoot paper alot. But the Taccoms hit just about any little thing we shoot at. I can pick off small rocks and such with ease with the 17". I use CCI SV mostly. Pretty good ammo short of match grade.

Someone will be along I am sure that does more of that kind of thing.. I just know I like the Taccom ULW barrels alot.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I do not shoot our 17 inch alot on paper but I would think with really good ammo, shooters skills, rested, good optics and good weather conditions it is possible. Many get around 1/2 inch at 50 yards..Whether that translates to  1 inch at 100 yard range is the question. Likely could, dependent on the requirements stated above.

I know the two Taccoms we have are very nice shooting barrels. Even the 9 inch we just received a couple weeks ago shoots very accurate..

Like I say we do not shoot paper alot. But the Taccoms hit just about any little thing we shoot at. I can pick off small rocks and such with ease with the 17". I use CCI SV mostly. Pretty good ammo short of match grade.

Someone will be along I am sure that does more of that kind of thing.. I just know I like the Taccom ULW barrels alot.
View Quote
Thx. Good info. I wont paper em much but i figurer id ask and to see about hitting whqt size at what range for starters. Yep cci sv us my go to non march sv round. ....if i want naaty i can bust out the old 711b from 2001 ;)

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Santa brought me the standard non threaded AL sleeved one. These guys are WELL made. I will piece together the upper and most likely put a 3-9 on it and report back on the accuracy with CCI std vel/bulk back and others.

Def happy with this so far tho!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My 17" TACCOM is spooky accurate at 50 yards w/ CCI SV, around 1/2."  I used to shoot out to 200yd+ w/ my 10/22 and subs/silencer, it is an unbelievable amount of fun.  As soon as I find a decent price on a QD mount, I will be trying mine out with the Vortex 2.5-10 FFP XLR MOA scope I scored on sale.  That should be one heck of a combo!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Great to hear! I didnt go threaded on this one as subs are fine and i dont have a light .22 can yet. If i get one i will grab a threaded one.

My ALG rail and upper should be here this week and then i will get pics up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#6]
75yds at a RR Tie plate = 100% hits and a softball size group offhand with a simple red dot.

I am thoroughly happy with this very light setup! Looking to get a magnified optic soon.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top