Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 6:53:06 AM EDT
Where are we on the spectrum of refinement on these designs?  I'm looking for information about reliability, finicky ammo situations, temperamental builds etc.  

For example, for a basic 5.56 pattern rig, I can go buy parts (individually, uppers, lowers, etc.) or go buy a rifle off the rack and be pretty much assured that the rifle will run as it should.  But in the world of 7.62x39 and sometimes 22lr rigs there're still a lot of considerations for the bolt, magazine, springs, etc.

Have these Glock dedicated rigs evolved to plug and play type reliability / refinement, or are they a tinkerer's toy at this time?  

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I honestly don't know why someone hasn't capitalized on this more. If you have the tooling for an AR lower then you are missing a huge market IMO.

The only one I consistently debate on buying but never have is the LWD, just because they are pretty dedicated to glock parts.

All that was a long way of saying "tag".
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
You have NFA, RunnerRunner, Joebob. Working on them .
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just test fired my Spartan 9mm AR today.  I'm extremely happy!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear your success on the Spartan build.   Did you use the Spartan Upper as well?  Did you use the side charging handle or slick side version?  I was considering buying the JP 9mm dedicated lower and upper, but then saw the Spartan on Jo Bob Outfitters--and heavily reconsidering.

Also, what BCG and buffer spring did you use?  I may still use the JP bolt carrier and JPSCS-9, but am concerned about possible compatibility issues after reading a few reviews on the Spartan upper.

Any other comments about your Spartan build are much appreciated!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to hear your success on the Spartan build.   Did you use the Spartan Upper as well?  Did you use the side charging handle or slick side version?  I was considering buying the JP 9mm dedicated lower and upper, but then saw the Spartan on Jo Bob Outfitters--and heavily reconsidering.

Also, what BCG and buffer spring did you use?  I may still use the JP bolt carrier and JPSCS-9, but am concerned about possible compatibility issues after reading a few reviews on the Spartan upper.

Any other comments about your Spartan build are much appreciated!!
View Quote

I used a regular Spartan AR-15 upper receiver.  I ordered the slick side one but they sent a regular AR-15 one, and I just went with it.  I really like these with the billet Spartan lower.  I'll probably get a LRBHO slick side upper receiver when available, and use this upper receiver for a regular AR15 build.  I am using a POF trigger and a BAD SS selector.

For BCG, I used the NFA modular bolt.  I am also using an NFA 16" SOCOM barrel and KAK 9mm buffer.  I wanted to use as much NFA/Spartan parts as possible.  Basically, if JoeBob sells it and it's for a 9mm AR, it went into this build.  

So far just 20 rounds down the pipe (so not much of a test), but this baby runs nice so far!

" />

" />
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to confirm, a standard AR15 upper will work with the Spartan Glock lower?  I could use an Aero M4E1 upper on the NFA/ Spartan Glock lower?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
A standard AR-15 upper receiver will work (that's what's on my rifle).  I don't have last round bolt hold open, but it goes bang every time I flip the switch.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top