Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 4:07:24 PM EDT
ok..so I am assuming that Colt has some jig or template they use when drilling their receivers for the two piece magazine block for the 9mm. I cant find any template on line or a local gunsmith who will attempt to line up the 3 roll pins for the two piece magazine block. So..does anyone have a template handy..or know a procedure to DIY the proper holes. I really dont want to fudge a receiver...
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering the same thing, Colt actually made a drop in block, also a 1, 2, & 3 pin mag blocks. Just FYI.
I would try to google it or google Colt M9 schematic and enlarge to she the position, lastly if you can't find anything if I have the time I can get my pre ban out, 3 pin and try to measure or take a picture close-up. I was looking for a set of them recently too but when I don't want one that's when there for sale:).
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are like front sight bases......they are installed and sold with the lower.....not really interchangeable.........all you need to do is clamp them in and drill them so as not to hit the old holes.....
View Quote

I'm assuming he bought them and is installing them in a regular multi cal  or 5.56 lower. There was 3 sets sold on EE recently, maybe one of those.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
M60 Joe offers the service to drill the pins for  the vintage Colt 2 piece mag well adapters.

http://www.m60joe.com/
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I can make up a print on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]
that would be most appreciated...trying to keep this as Colt as possible. Im using a PSA mag block right now but I guess Im just anal about using as much of the Colt kit that I can possibly use...
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an Easy Jig. Removed the roll pins from a Colt 6450 and removed the magazine well adapter. I then bolted the 6450 frame in the jig and used the roll pin holes in the frame as a guide to drill into the jig. I used the modified 80% jig to do two Colt Sporting Rifle lowers I purchased from JSE Surplus. My mag adapters were from Colt and are the one piece, two pin type. I did brake a bit off in one hole. TAKE YOUR TIME.  This worked for me. YMMV.

JSE Colt Sporting Rifle

Easy Jig

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top