Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2015 10:52:57 AM EDT
I love this combination in my 9mm SBR PDW, I just dropped in the red springco extra power spring behind the spikes ST-9 buffer and wow, it has basically eliminated nearly all felt recoil. I highly suggest this spring and buffer combination for all 9mm AR's.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice. What bcg are you using?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. What bcg are you using?
View Quote

PSA

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Sprinco orange 308 carbine springs in both mine, one with an aktive buffer and the other with a hydraulic 9mm buffer both from Blitzkrieg  Components LLC. Neither needs or uses a 9mm spacer with these combos.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a slash 9mm buffer and wolf extra heavy spring and it's great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Vltor A5H4 with a rifle length spring in a carbine tube. Works like a charm and eliminates the need for a spacer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I run a Wolff xtra power spring & an ST-9X in my 16" RRA, best setup for running +P & hot loads although it won't reliably run light loads unless I go back to a standard spring.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm running a Wolff 16501 XP Carbine spring with a PSA heavy 9mm buffer in a PSA 16 inch 9mm upper assembly and bolt.
With the original carbine spring, the recoil impulse was far too pronounced for the caliber, and I was getting a little gas in the face and a lot of fouling in the action.
Just changing out the original buffer spring for the Wolff XP carbine spring instantly cured all issues.
It actually kept the gun running a good deal cleaner, I assume due to the stronger spring keeping the action closed somewhat longer resulting in more complete combustion with less crap getting blown back into the action.
The rifle has been utterly reliable with every 115 grain load I've tried from IMI +P+ subgun ammo to Wolf steel case to IMI standard pressure and HPs.
These blowback guns run, and especially feel better with a heavy spring and buffer combo. IMO it's a must have.
FWIW!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:05:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I run a Wolff xtra power spring & an ST-9X in my 16" RRA, best setup for running +P & hot loads although it won't reliably run light loads unless I go back to a standard spring.
View Quote

try a 308 carbine spring and run them all, 95-158gr. work's in 2 of mine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine works great with an A2 spring and 6oz buffer.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top