Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:04:00 PM EDT
This gun had an Eotech, but my astigmatism was playing hell with the red dot. The Vortex Spitfire is a god send. It has the Eotech type reticle with etched glass,and can be focused like a regular scope. The red and green illumination are great as well. If you have not tried one, give it some consideration. The gun is an integrally suppressed 9mm SBR that is very quiet with off the shelf 115 grain 9mm.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking of getting one of these. Let us know how it works out for ya.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one mounted on a PSA 9mm rifle and really like it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
" but my astigmatism was playing hell with the red dot"  Wait a minute.............I too have a couple red dots I bought recently and can';t use either one bc of my stigmatism I see 3 circles not one for example in different messes not of the different crosshairs in these scopes work, You can see the Vortex w/o any issue or due you have to wear glasses to correct still???
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
" but my astigmatism was playing hell with the red dot"  Wait a minute.............I too have a couple red dots I bought recently and can';t use either one bc of my stigmatism I see 3 circles not one for example in different messes not of the different crosshairs in these scopes work, You can see the Vortex w/o any issue or due you have to wear glasses to correct still???
View Quote

No glasses needed. It has a fast focus eye piece to bring the reticle into sharp focus. The reticle is also etched into the glass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Fantastic, I need to check into one after I sell some of my stuff I just listed on EE. Thank you for posting or I would have never known, I gave up on red dots.

PS luv the AR. If it's that quiet with 115's try 147's.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top