Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 7:22:44 PM EDT
which upper do you think is more accurate? this?

or this?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a CMMG,. it is wonderful.
But those $$$ seem nuts.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a cmmg upper and it runs like a top.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two CMMG 16" uppers with the phophate color bolt and they have shot great and have been trouble free.  If I were in the Market now I would either buy CMMG or TACCOM3 upper.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never really put it on paper but if it helps I routinely use my dedicated .22 CMMG upper with a can to shoot squirrels, cotton tails and gophers out to about 60-70 yards at times( Usually catch them closer to 25 though). I think its a 9" barrel UTG pro slim handguard with a stainless CMMG bolt in an Aero upper. I'd have to look but I think it cost me about half of the price in that link.

Ammo is usually  a variety of CCI standard velocity and CCI segmented hollowpoint subsonics but it does pretty well with just about every brand you can name.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Model 1 upper some time ago. It was really sloppy and loose on any lower I put it on. Eventually sold it.

I would buy a CMMG, or almost anything else first.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
You want it to run, get the CMMG or a Taccom.

Dave N
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want it to run, get the CMMG or a Taccom.

Dave N
View Quote

+1 on what Dave and others have said on CMMG and Taccom.  I have both and they work very well indeed. Recently, I purchased a TacSol Kestrel upper and the performance is identical to my other 22lr uppers. The difference being my CMMG an Taccom uppers are 4" or 4.5" barrels and the Kestrel is 9".
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top