Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2015 9:28:38 PM EDT
Just saw the announcement on their Facebook page.  Looks great!  Wonder how much?  And when?

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder what bolt mods it requires. Unless you have a bunch of mp5 magazines, I don't see the appeal other than aesthetics. POF mp5 mags are $30+ and surplus HK run the gambit but larger online stores have them at $60 plus. But you can do better time to time. Wonder how it will run on the MKE polymer mags or the U.S. Made ones.

QC10 has done a great job filling a growing market desire
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
18.99 for korean MP5 mags, probably have to try a few to make sure they work, but I think this will look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Tease
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
god dangit.

i want it
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:16:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw this too.  Not finished with my Colt build and I want this now!  :)
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
It's about time someone did this.  Colt pattern mags are running $30, used MP5 mags are/were $35, $50 new. I have 2 Colt pattern and around 25 MP5 mags, so an AR/mp5 combo makes perfect sense to me. As far as the cheap Korean mags, I only have (2) but both of them run great! Hopefully the Q model will be affordable
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Now make one to take MP5-10 mags so I don't have to
That way I get BHO (unlike greasegun)
And easier feed for DI than a Glock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Glock mags are still more plentiful, struggling to see the point of a gun which uses very expensive magazines, and as I can see it, no advantages over Glock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Well.....glock mags are angled back, colt mags are straight, and now we have Hk curved forward.............now were complete with mag shapes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glock mags are still more plentiful, struggling to see the point of a gun which uses very expensive magazines, and as I can see it, no advantages over Glock.
View Quote

The advantage would be for someone who already has a lot of MP-5 mags or wants metal mags rather than plastic.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Interesting, but if I've already got MP5 mags I've already got an MP5.........  Why would I consider building a blowback 9mm AR?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The advantage would be for someone who already has a lot of MP-5 mags or wants metal mags rather than plastic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo. I'm trying to keep my assortment of firearms simple so I don't have two dozen types of magazines and zero spare parts for any gun.

I wonder if a typical ar 9mm bolt will work or if it has to be modified like the glock bolts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Interesting, but if I've already got MP5 mags I've already got an MP5.........  Why would I consider building a blowback 9mm AR?
View Quote

Because you don't have one yet?

Because you may not want to break out your $30k machine gun to go to the range to shoot a 9mm rifle when you can shoot your sub $1k semi auto gun... especially if your shooting location doesn't allow full auto.

As previously mentioned....

Because you don't want to have multiple types of mags on hand that can be mixed up.

Because MP-5 mags are a whole lot easier to load than Glock mags.

Note: I want to get a 9mm AR but I'm undecided on the mag issue as I have both a MP-5 and 9mm Glocks so I already have mags for both.  I'm leaning towards the MP-5 mags because I have more of those than Glock mags, because the angle of the mag sticking out of the gun looks weird and for the reasons mentioned above.

Anybody make a 3 lug 9mm barrel?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Why this QC10 configuration?

I have a HK94 clone, so i have the mags already and dont own a Glock or Colt SMG firearms.
Also, the MP5 mag shape is the most attractive to me of the three options.

You already have an HK94, why would you want this?

Because I want the ability to use a Slide Fire stock!!! Plus my clone is fullsize, This gives me a chance at a "K" style gun.

But you wont have last round BHO, doesn't that suck?

Neither does a MP5, i'll just need to get a BAD lever so the manual of arms are similar.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Because you may not want to break out your $30k machine gun to go to the range to shoot a 9mm rifle when you can shoot your sub $1k semi auto gun... especially if your shooting location doesn't allow full auto.

Because you don't want to have multiple types of mags on hand that can be mixed up.

Note: I want to get a 9mm AR but I'm undecided on the mag issue as I have both a MP-5 and 9mm Glocks so I already have mags for both.  I'm leaning towards the MP-5 mags because I have more of those than Glock mags, because the angle of the mag sticking out of the gun looks weird and for the reasons mentioned above.

View Quote

Tros, in two sizes
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tros, in two sizes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tros, in two sizes

Yep 5 and 9". Also sells 3lug thread on adapters.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I want one, I will have one, but I will have to keep it in PA
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I just heard about this...but went ahead with the Colt version. Partly aesthetics (I like the look of my MP5 mags in my MP5 clones, but prefer the straight mags on this) and also that the Colt version has the last round bolt hold open, something the MP5 version lacks. I just asked on the TROS 3-lug barrels and looks like the next run is in about 6-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just heard about this...but went ahead with the Colt version. Partly aesthetics (I like the look of my MP5 mags in my MP5 clones, but prefer the straight mags on this) and also that the Colt version has the last round bolt hold open, something the MP5 version lacks. I just asked on the TROS 3-lug barrels and looks like the next run is in about 6-8 weeks.
View Quote

There is a new 9" one on GB now with 59 minutes left for $240.00 and no bids if anyone is on and wants one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#21]
i suppose i could also machine a magwell to take mp5 mags for my hydra.

but i also love an excuse to get another rifle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I finished my DDLES GSF 9mm SBR build last month that I started on in Nov. 2014.

....and now this , damn
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#23]
That is drop dead sexy right there....

And to think, I was THIS close to pulling the trigger on one of their colt-mag lowers.

This would make a nice range toy paired up with an MKE
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some people like variety.  it's fun to bring more than one toy to the range.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I have been waiting for the prototype since Dec! I'm very happy to see it and it LOOKS AWESOME! I will pick one up as soon as they are released. I wonder if QC10 can make a mp5 magazine follower that will allow for last round hold back?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone heard when these may be available?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard when these may be available?
View Quote

I would think its probably going to be a month or two, if there are no gremlins in the lower. They said the prototype lower ran great so that is a very good sign. I really want to see the mag release and the internals of the lower. I will be purchasing one of these lower and one of the uppers when they are released. Maybe we can get Q10 to chime in and let us know more specifics.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have a HK94 clone, so i have the mags already and dont own a Glock or Colt SMG firearms.

Because I want the ability to use a Slide Fire stock!!! Plus my clone is fullsize, This gives me a chance at a "K" style gun.

Neither does a MP5, i'll just need to get a BAD lever so the manual of arms are similar.

View Quote

I wouldn't put a slide fire stock on a blow back AR, risk an out of battery discharge.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#29]
That's freaking cool, I better start saving my money!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Even though a Glock lower makes logical sense for me (common mag style to side arm), I would FO on the MP5 lower.  Mag angle looks so much better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Even though a Glock lower makes logical sense for me (common mag style to side arm), I would FO on the MP5 lower.  Mag angle looks so much better.
View Quote

How it looks isn't relevant to me.  The fact that MP5 magazines are built to feed a SMG matters.  Double-stack mags are always easier to load and they tend to feed better too.  And even though aftermarket Glock magazines seem to have issues staying locked into my QC10 GSF lower, the MP5 magazine catch system shouldn't be a problem at all.

Now here's a question:  Are MP5/40 magazines similar enough in size the MP5 9mm mags that they would fit in the same magazine well?  I can't find anything on this online...
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#32]
MP5/40 mags are completely different and are much larger than 9mm MP5 magazines.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
MP5/40 mags are completely different and are much larger than 9mm MP5 magazines.
View Quote

That's why i want them to build a MP5/10 mag lower next
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rats.  But then I suppose MP5/40 mags aren't quite as plentiful and inexpensive as MP5 mags are.  Ah well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be sweet with a DI upper and maybe a 8-10" barrel. Too bad the mags are so pricey.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:01:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I wouldn't put a slide fire stock on a blow back AR, risk an out of battery discharge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

does not the carrier block the firing pin from the hammer lest the hammer is in battery.?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I have a RDIAS to go with my Fleming wear and two MG's are better than one. Also Colt pattern 9mm mags suck compared to MP5 magazines.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Maybe I have a RDIAS to go with my Fleming wear and two MG's are better than one. Also Colt pattern 9mm mags suck compared to MP5 magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

do they?  Even actual colt mags?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#40]
I always use a mag lula for my cot mags, but I've never felt the need for HK mags. And HK mags have never lost rounds in my range bag like colt mags have.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

does not the carrier block the firing pin from the hammer lest the hammer is in battery.?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  I read on a popular Maryland based gun forum a post from a gunsmith, or someone who claimed to be one, who said out of battery discharge was a risk in a 9mm AR.  Would not surprise me if the guy had no idea what he was talking about.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#42]

I had a round go off well out of battery once when the round got stuck on the ramp and the bolt hit the primer. It surprised me, but didn't hurt anything.

I'll look for pictures later.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#43]
the firing pin hit the primer or maybe some part of the bolt when the cartridge got jammed??
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#44]
more i think about this the mmore it seems tarded.  whole point of a 9mm ar is to be an easy conversion of a gun you already happen to have, maybe whilst deployed or so you can make it work w your RR or SBR etc.  but it is a compromise w itss blowback function w its heavy recoil, broken hammer pins and bolt catches etc.  a mp5 is better in every way than a blowback ar w mp5 mags.  MP5 is quieter, softer , more reliable.   a big pile of mp5 mags is a good reason to by an mp5, not make a new dedicated complete weapon AR lower.  

now if someonw made 9mm ar upper w the delayed blowback id be all over it like white on rice
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
more i think about this the mmore it seems tarded.  whole point of a 9mm ar is to be an easy conversion of a gun you already happen to have, maybe whilst deployed or so you can make it work w your RR or SBR etc.  but it is a compromise w itss blowback function w its heavy recoil, broken hammer pins and bolt catches etc.  a mp5 is better in every way than a blowback ar w mp5 mags.  MP5 is quieter, softer , more reliable.   a big pile of mp5 mags is a good reason to by an mp5, not make a new dedicated complete weapon AR lower.  

now if someonw made 9mm ar upper w the delayed blowback id be all over it like white on rice
View Quote

But how are you supposed to hang your 3ft of rail with redundant optics, lights, lasers, grip pods, match triggers and magpul goodies off of an MP5?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:  But how are you supposed to hang your 3ft of rail with redundant optics, lights, lasers, grip pods, match triggers and magpul goodies off of an MP5?
View Quote

http://store.commandarms.com/products/HX3SD.html
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  But how are you supposed to hang your 3ft of rail with redundant optics, lights, lasers, grip pods, match triggers and magpul goodies off of an MP5?

I knew it was coming before i hit "submit"
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#48]
RDTCU...you laid out a pile with this one and stepped in it. He really got you on that one...although it is not quite 3 ft long.
Off this topic, but did you ever get your 45 acp AR running well?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
RDTCU...you laid out a pile with this one and stepped in it. He really got you on that one...although it is not quite 3 ft long.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty well

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/666635_Folding_DI_45_SBR__Round_2_.html&page=4
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 4:26:50 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty well

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/666635_Folding_DI_45_SBR__Round_2_.html&page=4

an upper similar to yoursbut chambered in 9mm on one of these lowers built as a pistol would  be the perfect pistol to compliment the mp5 clone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top