Who's gonna FO?

Link
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Who's gonna FO?

Link
View Quote

Anymore info on the BHO?  It's something different than that QC10 lowers.

Do you have to run their upper receiver to get LRBHO?  It kind of sounds that way.

https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/c-9-billet-ar-9-slick-side-upper-lrbho/

Edit.  Found my answer.

QUESTION:   Do you offer a reliable last round / empty magazine bolt hold open (LRBHO) System for this lower?

ANSWER:  YES – After watching several companies try and fail to incorporate a RELIABLE last round bolt hold open (LRBHO) system into their lower receivers we decided to take a different approach and will be incorporating our LRBHO technology (PATENT PENDING) in our matching upper receivers.  After rigorous testing and hundreds of hours of research and development we feel that this is the best option for LRBHO on a Glock magazine AR style firearm.  Our upper will be compatible with other manufacturers lower receiver that either don’t have a LRBHO or you can scrap the non-working LRBHO out of your existing AR-9 Glock Mag lower and solve the issue of not having a 100% functioning LRBHO.  For more information on our matching AR-9 Upper, please CLICK HERE.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Building a 9mm AR was fun, but costly.

I think I'm going to just put down the cash on a sub 2000, even if the price is inflated a bit. (for a 40 S&W)

$170 is definitely a good deal, a bit cheaper than the black creek colt lower I purchased.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
i'll probably go for an 80%er
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Placed an order for one of their lowers and will pick it up by Saturday.  The rollmark is huge but I don't mind, wanted to try a Glock 9mm lower and its good to know that if I have a problem I can drive to the manufacturer and have them take a look at it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a very tempting impulse buy
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Placed an order for one of their lowers and will pick it up by Saturday.  The rollmark is huge but I don't mind, wanted to try a Glock 9mm lower and its good to know that if I have a problem I can drive to the manufacturer and have them take a look at it.
View Quote

That is nice. Post some pics when you get it!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will post photos when I pick it up and any detail photos you guys are looking for. This is my first 9mm build so everything is new to me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:49:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Building a 9mm AR was fun, but costly.
View Quote

Agreed! I've been hoping for years that they'd catch on and become popular enough that the parts would be plentiful, hence driving the cost down, but it definitely hasn't happened yet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd be really interested in the upper, already owning a QC10 lower.  I'd like to see their solution to LRBHO.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd be really interested in the upper, already owning a QC10 lower.  I'd like to see their solution to LRBHO.
View Quote

I have QC10 gsf and recently fixed my LRBHO problem. I ended up setting the old style for the new style. What does your current bolt catch look like?

On the NFa I would like to see the "innards" in comparison to the QC10 innards
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I picked up one of these from JoeBob Outfitters . G23 mags would not even insert into the magwell fully. Contacted New Frontier and they're going to make a right by swapping out the lower. Ivan at New Frontier was very helpful in this matter and assured me the lower he's sending definitely allows G23 mags et al to insert and drop free easily.  Hope the replacement one will work. This is the first piece of my .40 carbine build.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I just saw tonight a local dealer selling them for 155

http://www.southeasttraders.com/threads/new-frontier-armory-ar-9-lower-receiver.3293/
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is a very tempting impulse buy
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a newer style lower, the one without the feed ramp option.  

The bolt catch is from a standard LPK, the catch spring is the one they provided.  

I've tried tweaking the lever a bit by putting a slight bend in it but without a lot of success, it's still pretty problematic and fails more than it succeeds.  It could be a timing issue possibly, the bolt is cycling too fast or isn't going back far enough to give the follower time to press the lever which in turn presses the bolt catch but it's a JP Captured bolt and buffer so there's not much wiggle room there to adjust anything.  

Frontiers claim of a LRBHO on the upper design that they seem to be saying is a drop in solution specifically for the QC10 based on the way they're wording their PR should be interesting to see in action.  

Quoted:

I have QC10 gsf and recently fixed my LRBHO problem. I ended up setting the old style for the new style. What does your current bolt catch look like?

On the NFa I would like to see the "innards" in comparison to the QC10 innards
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked up the lower today.  They told me the upper would feature the bho and they would be a few weeks out.  Here are a few pics i took tonight.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a complete NFA AR9 geelock lower.  Almost went with an 80% but ultimately settled for the complete lower.  Does it make sense to build a 9mm AR that isn't an SBR?  Right now I'm leaning toward a pistol build.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Another48hours, do you have pics with a mag in it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Another48hours, do you have pics with a mag in it?
View Quote

Here are pics of the receiver with Glock magazines ranging from Glock 26, Glock 19, Glock 17, and a 33 round magazine.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#22]
picked mine up from my friends shop on my lunch break today. still need a few more parts but its getting there
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#23]
so my mag well is super tight on my lower. have to force a mag in and theres no way in hell it will drop free. guess ill be sending an email today
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#24]
The mags drop freely from my lower and has a tiny bit of wiggle in the magwell, very similar to ar mags in a standard magwell.  Definitely get in contact with NFA. I have no doubt they will sort your situation out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Just received my NFA C-9 receiver (shipped the same day as my order) and it looks great.  Their service has been very good as well...I sent a few questions and received an immediate response from the company president.  I should have my LPK tomorrow and look forward to getting it assembled this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope they make one without that billboard of a rollmark, but this is promising to see a company come out with a Glock lower at a responable price.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Any suggestions for an upper to pair with this? 7-10" preferably, used as a basic plinker mostly, so $$ matters,
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
so my mag well is super tight on my lower. have to force a mag in and theres no way in hell it will drop free. guess ill be sending an email today
View Quote

I had the exact same problem.  I picked up an NFA 80% raw C9 lower from Joeboboutfitters.   According to the NFA site, this lower should accept Glock 9mm and .40 magazines. However when I got mine, my G23 Gen 3 magazines would not insert into the magwell fully. As a matter of fact, if I would push it too hard it would almost get stuck to the point where I could not remove it.

I contacted New Frontier Armory and they had me send this lower back to them to check it out.  Via email, they told me they were going to send me a replacement lower where the mags they tested at their facility dropped free/inserted no problem. However, when I receive the replacement lower (looked like the one I sent them), I had the same problem in that my G23 mags would not insert into the lower. Had the same problem with aftermarket KCI extended mags as well made for Glocks.  These KCI mags work in my G23 pistol along with my factory mags I got with the pistol so I don't think it's the mags.   In order for my G23 mags et al to fit properly and drop with the NFA lower, I had to do a substantial amount of filing in the magwell to make it work. Additionally, empty mags will insert/drop much easier than loaded mags which seem to get "fat" and drag.    Loaded KCI mags will not drop freely when loaded.

Until I get the upper built and the lower milled, not sure what the functionality will be of the lower. It may turn out to be a $113 brick. Also, be advised that milling jigs from Range Tool and 80% Arms will not work with this lower unless modified to fit.   Haven't gotten to the point where I'll order a jig from NFA yet.  

In retrospect,  I should have went with a QC10 lower along with parts/pieces for an upper, but was interested in trying the 80% ghost route along with trying to save $ as I've made several 80% AR15 lowers in the past.   Probably should have looked at the RRA LAR40 a bit more as well but felt they were a bit too proprietary.   Lesson learned, but I'm going to make this NFA lower work somehow (I hope).
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:58:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Please keep this thread going.  I would definitely like to know more about the mag insert and release issues.  This was a hopeful build for me due to the fact that it is billet and a reduced price from the QC10 lowers!  Any more info would be greatly appreciated.  Hope they have good customer service as well!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's the Runner Runner version of the lower.

http://www.runnerrunnerguns.com/product_p/ffl-rrg-9mm.htm
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's the Runner Runner version of the lower.

http://www.runnerrunnerguns.com/product_p/ffl-rrg-9mm.htm
View Quote

Nice to see NFA will be making these lowers for others like they did with their billet AR15 lowers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I purchased an 80% NFA receiver from Joe Bob's and received it last week.

I had read in this forum about fitment issues with Glock mags, so as soon as it arrived, I checked. Glock mags (including off-brand 33 rounders) fit perfectly.

I haven't milled it out yet; maybe this coming holiday weekend. I use the Modulus jig, and it looks like it will work fine.

G.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm still waiting on the uppers :/. As soon as they come out, I'm buying both.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Already at $135

Link
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Joe Bob Outfitters said they will have the glock lowers within the next week or two, I assume anyone who had those generic NFA billet lowers will also have the glock lowers, gives you the option for different rollmarks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Already at $135

Link
View Quote

Those didn't last long.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Joe Bob Outfitters said they will have the glock lowers within the next week or two, I assume anyone who had those generic NFA billet lowers will also have the glock lowers, gives you the option for different rollmarks.
View Quote

I hope they offer a no roll mark lower.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Got mine, I'm very happy with it!

</a>" />

ETA: pic shows .40 cal G22 mag, G17 mags fit fine as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Glad to hear it.  I wish I could say the same for the 80% I got from NFA.  Magwell could not have been in spec since NONE of my mags worked, Glock or KCI.    Even after sending it back to NFA with them testing their mags on it,  my replacement (was what I sent in) would not accept my G23 mags.  It's been milled/filed, so I can't send it back.  I've ordered a QC10 barrel and bolt for a .40.  If parts will not work with this lower, it'll be a paperweight unless I can make it work. Otherwise, I'll be saving some $$ and getting a QC10 lower that I KNOW will work.  All I can say is that I'm more than disappointed with NFA's response with my issue.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a QC10 Glock lower and love it. I think it's great that other companies are offering these lowers. I have heard that the biggest complaint with QC10 is the LRBHO (which has been fixed). The puzzling part for me to understand is, with these NFA lowers the LRBHO only works with a proprietary upper receiver that isn't even available yet. hopefully they figure out these issues that customers are having and even offer a LRBHO on the lower receiver
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have a QC10 Glock lower and love it. I think it's great that other companies are offering these lowers. I have heard that the biggest complaint with QC10 is the LRBHO (which has been fixed). The puzzling part for me to understand is, with these NFA lowers the LRBHO only works with a proprietary upper receiver that isn't even available yet. hopefully they figure out these issues that customers are having and even offer a LRBHO on the lower receiver
View Quote

Def weird about the uppers not being available.  I probably should have waited to purchase the lower until the NFA brand uppers were ready, but oh well.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#43]

How can they be $25 cheaper through a middleman than what I paid directly from NFA?  Makes no sense to me
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm new to 9mm ARs so maybe these are dumb questions, but I'm confused about certain features of this lower.  First, why is there a butt plug or something in the hole where the rear takedown pin spring and detent go?

" />

Second, why is there a notch where the safety selector goes?

" />

And finally, what the heck is the hole in the top shelf of the fire control pocket for?  It's threaded.

" />

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Here it is with a 33 round 9mm Glock mag.  I like!

" />
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Threading the rear take down pin in a common modification to make removing/installing the stock and rear plate easier. I would assume the plug has an allen/hex key so it can be removed for the initial pin install.

No idea on the safety opening notch.

The threaded hole in the rear shelf is likely so you can install a hex plug to tighten the upper to lower fit if there is some wobble.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Threading the rear take down pin in a common modification to make removing/installing the stock and rear plate easier. I would assume the plug has an allen/hex key so it can be removed for the initial pin install.

No idea on the safety opening notch.

The threaded hole in the rear shelf is likely so you can install a hex plug to tighten the upper to lower fit if there is some wobble.
View Quote

Makes perfect sense, thanks!  The plug for the rear takedown pin spring is a freaking great idea!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#48]
The notch in the safety opening is so you can use Battle Arms' short throw safety if you so desire; without modifying the safety.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The notch in the safety opening is so you can use Battle Arms' short throw safety if you so desire; without modifying the safety.
View Quote

Cool!  I'll use that one, I like it!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Joe Bob Outfitters has their Glock lower up, its the same spartan rollmark as their AR15 lower. $135 shipped with code LABORDAY15 until 9/11.

Can anyone think of other companies NFA made their AR15 lowers for? Did any do no rollmark? I assume most of them will also have the Glock lowers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top