BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine today!!

It was a 5/8 thread to tri lug bored out to .40 cal for my QC10 SBR and Octane45 combo. This thing rocks! Good luck to the rest of you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got mine today!!

It was a 5/8 thread to tri lug bored out to .40 cal for my QC10 SBR and Octane45 combo. This thing rocks! Good luck to the rest of you.
View Quote

Wait...so you got the adapter? Not the 3 lug barrel? I'm waiting on the barrel not the adaptor
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wait...so you got the adapter? Not the 3 lug barrel? I'm waiting on the barrel not the adaptor
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got mine today!!

9mm and 40/10mm lug device is different parts..  friend has a 40 tri lug that he uses a 40 can on.. has a larger diameter nose and lug
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

9mm and 40/10mm lug device is different parts..  friend has a 40 tri lug that he uses a 40 can on.. has a larger diameter nose and lug
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got mine today!!

Aww ok gotcha.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Latest update:

"It's going to be a while.  My lathe is down and I'm waiting for parts.  Then I have to finish a batch of 3 lug adapters before I can start on the barrels."

Then I asked what the time frame was:

"Thanksgiving no, Christmas yes, barring some unforeseen issue with my lathe."

How does he run a business like this? It is very frustrating....
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I inquired monthssss ago and got the same 6-8 week answer, family health, etc. Glad I didn't go through with it because this is the strangest business model ever.

Literally amazed no one fills this gap in the market and makes their own 3-lug barrels.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I inquired monthssss ago and got the same 6-8 week answer, family health, etc. Glad I didn't go through with it because this is the strangest business model ever.

Literally amazed no one fills this gap in the market and makes their own 3-lug barrels.
View Quote

I am amazed as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one of the barrels back in I think Jan 2014, took about 3 mos for me get it and at that time there was people that had waited 6-7 mos. thenhe got the batch done and sent them all out pretty quick and there was guys who were paying and getting them the next week. It seams like he basically does a batch about once every year. He should be more up front woth the wait time to the customers.  too bad a retailer cant just order a 100 of them from him and kind of spread them out some.  Cant believe he keeps no stock and just makes enough to fill orders. Oh well, I got mine and so far have been very happy with it. Its worth the wait.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I ordered one of the barrels back in I think Jan 2014, took about 3 mos for me get it and at that time there was people that had waited 6-7 mos. thenhe got the batch done and sent them all out pretty quick and there was guys who were paying and getting them the next week. It seams like he basically does a batch about once every year. He should be more up front woth the wait time to the customers.  too bad a retailer cant just order a 100 of them from him and kind of spread them out some.  Cant believe he keeps no stock and just makes enough to fill orders. Oh well, I got mine and so far have been very happy with it. Its worth the wait.

View Quote

That is what I hear...I want it...
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone hear anything recently?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone hear anything recently?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Got an email from him today after I inquired about a 13.5x1 LH 3 lug adapter:

"I don't have them in stock but they should be ready to ship late next week. "

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got an email from him today after I inquired about a 13.5x1 LH 3 lug adapter:

"I don't have them in stock but they should be ready to ship late next week. "

View Quote

So he still has to do the barrels then...He is getting closer...So thats good news. Last he told me when his machine was down was that he had to do the adapters first, then start the barrels.

I hope its before the end of the year.

Link Posted: 12/26/2015 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone hear anything lately?
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no skin in this game, but I have done business with these types.  It's always the same thing, family or personal illness, then when that story runs it's course, it's machine or material issues, etc, etc.  Reminds me of Gary Guciano and Mike Prewitt fiasco's years ago where people got the run around and in the end where lucky to get their product or in those cases, their guns back,

Hopefully this isn't the same, but it sounds like the same old broken record.  Why these people just can't be up front is a mystery.  Good luck to all you guys waiting.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Whenever I see this thread at the top I get excited for like a half a second (imagining) that you all got shipping notifications.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have no skin in this game, but I have done business with these types.  It's always the same thing, family or personal illness, then when that story runs it's course, it's machine or material issues, etc, etc.  Reminds me of Gary Guciano and Mike Prewitt fiasco's years ago where people got the run around and in the end where lucky to get their product or in those cases, their guns back,

Hopefully this isn't the same, but it sounds like the same old broken record.  Why these people just can't be up front is a mystery.  Good luck to all you guys waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are telling me...Im at whits end...but I want what I paid for...

Quoted:
Whenever I see this thread at the top I get excited for like a half a second (imagining) that you all got shipping notifications.

According to him, he doesn't send out shipping notifications...So one day its just gonna appear on your door...

I asked why he doesn't and it was quite a lame ass excuse imo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my 5" 3 lug a couple weeks ago, I think I ordered it in May.  I used a new old stock KAC RAS 7", Octane 9, Vltor MUR1S, JP bolt, T2 in an ADM mount for the upper.  

With IMI 158 it sounds about the same as my TROS 9" barrel, maybe a bit quieter.  With WW 115 Q loads it is louder. I haven't fired either un suppressed.  

So far both uppers run perfectly with Colt mags, QC10 lower and JP captured spring.  

Hopefully you guys get yours soon as well.  Sucks to wait.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I got my 5" 3 lug a couple weeks ago, I think I ordered it in May.  I used a new old stock KAC RAS 7", Octane 9, Vltor MUR1S, JP bolt, T2 in an ADM mount for the upper.  

With IMI 158 it sounds about the same as my TROS 9" barrel, maybe a bit quieter.  With WW 115 Q loads it is louder. I haven't fired either un suppressed.  

So far both uppers run perfectly with Colt mags, QC10 lower and JP captured spring.  

Hopefully you guys get yours soon as well.  Sucks to wait.
View Quote

I do hope its soon
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#20]
If anyone is looking for the AAC Triad tri-lug adapter for their TiRant silencer, I found a company in GA that has them in stock. I ordered yesterday morning. It arrived to me today. Crazy fast shipping.
Site indicated they have at least (3) more in stock, so thought I'd pass on the info for this hard to find item. Good luck.
Link---->     http://www.bullseyeindoorrange.com/AAC-Ti-RANT-3-Lug-Adapter_p_261.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#21]
"In process now.  Should ship late this month barring any more medical or environmental issues."

As of 1/4/15...

Good sign...sorta..At least he is making them now..
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]
What's his email?  Lol the one on the site isn't working.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What's his email?  Lol the one on the site isn't working.
View Quote

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Mailed my check to him today.   Now just wait
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Mailed my check to him today.   Now just wait
View Quote

Lucky you haven't had to wait since JUNE
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#26]
It's worth it.  I used to own one, the 5" 3-lug barrel.  It's a nice piece.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it? I'm not being sarcastic. Serious question. Why is having a Tros 3-lug barrel better then say a quality barrel from another manufacturer with a 3 lug adapter on the end?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's worth it to have rifling to the end of the 3 lug. Not conducive to accuracy if you have a void on the end of your barrel for carbon lead and fouling to build up (female exposed threads on 3 lug adapter).
View Quote

This is a reason why.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is a reason why.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's worth it to have rifling to the end of the 3 lug. Not conducive to accuracy if you have a void on the end of your barrel for carbon lead and fouling to build up (female exposed threads on 3 lug adapter).

This is a reason why.  

I think at some point with a 6 month+ wait, that tiny little advantage over a 3 lug adapter just goes out the door. Rudy at Macon Armory had my barrel with the 3 lug adapter back to me in no time at all and was hands down the best customer service I have ever had.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#30]
3 lug adapter here, I haven't missed the paper target yet!

Sincerely,
A guy who initially really wanted a TROS barrel
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I am already this far into the commitment I can't give up now...

If i had to do it over again, Macon would have made more sense. Plus he can match the 3 lug adapters to the barrels perfectly.

Hindsight
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think at some point with a 6 month+ wait, that tiny little advantage over a 3 lug adapter just goes out the door. Rudy at Macon Armory had my barrel with the 3 lug adapter back to me in no time at all and was hands down the best customer service I have ever had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a reason why.  

Obviously it does matter to quite a few people. He has been this way for years and people keep going back. I like many don't understand why no one else will step up but until they do he is not going to have any problem selling his barrels.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is it? I'm not being sarcastic. Serious question. Why is having a Tros 3-lug barrel better then say a quality barrel from another manufacturer with a 3 lug adapter on the end?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The machining/quality is excellent, and as was mentioned, I wanted rifling to the ends of the adapter instead of a gap that would become a plug of carbon.  Also, I like it being a single piece, just like an HK barrel.

I owned mine in maybe 2007 or so and there wasn't much information on what else worked.  The TROS barrel was depicted on the old SWR website with the DD rail (I had just purchased a Trident-9).

copied from ST, but I had almost this exact setup.

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Did anyone get your barrel yet?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Did anyone get your barrel yet?
View Quote

Noooope. Hopefully by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:26:36 AM EDT
[#36]
I am REALLY happy I read this thread BEFORE ordering a TROS barrel. Mark and I would have NOT gotten along regardless of the quality of the barrel. Yanking folks around when you have their cash in your account is just simply a douche move and Mark sounds like he has the douche market cornered.There are 100's of other manufacturers that sell quality products with excellent customer service. The competitors barrels have a 1:10 twist and send a bullet down range just as effectively as a TROS barrel. Sorry that many of you are getting the 3-lug shaft.... My $$$ will go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Latest update:

"Working on them every day.  Should got to black oxide next week, then engraving, to ship the following week."

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Latest update:

"Working on them every day.  Should got to black oxide next week, then engraving, to ship the following week."

View Quote

Holy shit are you still waiting from August?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Latest update:

June bro.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
June bro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Latest update:

June bro.

I applaud your patience.

Somebody has got to produce an alternative to this circus.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I applaud your patience.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Latest update:

June bro.

I applaud your patience.

Nope

Been that way for years with no sign of change
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

June bro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Latest update:

June bro.

May, for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

May, for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Latest update:

June bro.

May, for me.

Well hopefully we are at the end of the road here...
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I gave up and found one in the EE. I've been waiting since August. Ordered a suppressor and submitted a Form 1 on the same date as I sent the check to Mark for the barrel. My sbr was approved weeks ago and my suppressor should be approved any day now based on the current approval rate. I'll just stick this new barrel in the safe just in case I need it or do another build. It's a nice product, but there's no way I should get approval on a Form 4 before a freaking barrel ships!
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Ahhh yes...I'm a member of this club. The wait and lack of communication has been trying at best. Placed my order late summer. Hoping they do arrive next week as mentioned. Only saving grace is my stamp for my QC10 lower should arrive at about the same time, all being well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I gave up and found one in the EE. I've been waiting since August. Ordered a suppressor and submitted a Form 1 on the same date as I sent the check to Mark for the barrel. My sbr was approved weeks ago and my suppressor should be approved any day now based on the current approval rate. I'll just stick this new barrel in the safe just in case I need it or do another build. It's a nice product, but there's no way I should get approval on a Form 4 before a freaking barrel ships!
View Quote

I've had both my suppressor stamp and sbr stamp come back before this barrel. And I did it before ordering the barrel. Sbr was 4 months. Suppressor 4-5 months.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#47]
When the barrels come in, we need a photo thread....
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When the barrels come in, we need a photo thread....
View Quote

Lol to make other people want to experience our pain?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Reading this thread brings back good memories from 2 years ago, people had been waiting for 6-7 months, some gave up some waited.  I ordered and got lucky, only waited for 2-3 months, once he got the batch done some people were ordering and getting them in a week or two, then he runs out and the big wait begins..  Im tempted to order a couple as investments and sell at a profit during these dry spells..

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:21:46 AM EDT
[#50]
NM
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top