BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/9/2015 4:07:09 PM EDT
Anyone been able to get a hold of them?

Last email we had was: "Yes, I have the order.  ETA is 6-8 weeks." and that was on 6/14. I have been trying to get an updated ETA but he hasn't replied recently..

Anyone have updates? I know its reaching close to the 8 week mark.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have to check back but last fall I believe he told me 6-8 weeks and if I recall it arrived 3 months later. Was hard to get ahold of him after I sent in my money to get on wait list.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would have to check back but last fall I believe he told me 6-8 weeks and if I recall it arrived 3 months later. Was hard to get ahold of him after I sent in my money to get on wait list.
View Quote

Well that sorta sucks to hear...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Great communication until you pay. Misleading delivery times. I didn't have time for this nonsense.

Somebody needs to step up and own this market.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great communication until you pay. Misleading delivery times. I didn't have time for this nonsense.

Somebody needs to step up and own this market.
View Quote

Seems that way so far...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Search the older threads on this topic and you will find the same story every time...horrible communication (if at all) followed by 3-5x longer delivery times than originally told (which are long to begin with). Once you get done with it, you will get a very nice product but swear to never deal with Mark again. ADCO needs to get into the 3-lug game.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Search the older threads on this topic and you will find the same story every time...horrible communication (if at all) followed by 3-5x longer delivery times than originally told (which are long to begin with). Once you get done with it, you will get a very nice product but swear to never deal with Mark again. ADCO needs to get into the 3-lug game.
View Quote

I totally would have bought through ADCO if they offered an integrated 3 lug like TROS
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

I sent an email to QC10 some time ago urging them to get into the business but hear no reply back.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I sent an email to QC10 some time ago urging them to get into the business but hear no reply back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QC10 never replied to any of my emails. Phone call worked eventually.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a 5", 3 lug.  He said 6-8 weeks on 6/23 and I sent the check the next week. Have not heard anything from him since.  I have not followed up on it though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I've posted a thread in the Adco forum to see what they would recommend. Maybe they can do an adapter/pinning service to give us another reliable option that instills confidence without a 6 month delivery. It'll be interesting to see what they say.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I ordered a 5", 3 lug.  He said 6-8 weeks on 6/23 and I sent the check the next week. Have not heard anything from him since.  I have not followed up on it though.
View Quote

So you are basically in the same boat as me...
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I've gotten everything I've ever ordered from Mark.  Does he take a while?  Yes.  But I believe he is a one man operation.  I know that since I ordered a 3 lug AR 9mm barrel (yes, I'm in the same boat), he has sent me a 3 lug adapter for an Evo, as well as one for a Sig MPX, as well as shortening my PS90 barrel and sending a 1/2x28 adapter for that.  I think he runs things in batches.  Be patient. You'll go out to get the mail, and there will be a nice box from TROSUSA before you know it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've gotten everything I've ever ordered from Mark.  Does he take a while?  Yes.  But I believe he is a one man operation.  I know that since I ordered a 3 lug AR 9mm barrel (yes, I'm in the same boat), he has sent me a 3 lug adapter for an Evo, as well as one for a Sig MPX, as well as shortening my PS90 barrel and sending a 1/2x28 adapter for that.  I think he runs things in batches.  Be patient. You'll go out to get the mail, and there will be a nice box from TROSUSA before you know it.
View Quote

In one of the other threads it took a gentleman 7 months to get his barrel. I've never disputed Mark's quality but a little communication can go a long way. Waiting 7 months isn't a problem when you know it's 7 months. Being told a few weeks, paying, losing communication, and then waiting months until it magically shows up is a problem. There is a market for this item and somebody can step up an own it. If you are slower than the ATF you are doing it wrong...
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Brownells had them in stock 2 mos ago when I bought one, but I just checked and no joy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Brownells had them in stock 2 mos ago when I bought one, but I just checked and no joy.
View Quote

Would of bought there if I knew about it...oh well..

It will show up when it shows up....
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
He replied finally:

"It's going to be several more weeks.  I've lost a lot of shop time with some family health problems.  If you don't want to wait just say the word and I'll be happy to send a refund.

M"
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Mark makes great stuff. He is a very talented machinist, but not a talented businessman. If he wants to grow his business, he needs to make the barrels prior to taking money and eliminate any delivery date estimates. Paying for something in advance probably kills 50% of his potential customers. The crazy wait times and poor communication probably kills 80% of the remainder as ever being repeat customers.

In the end, it is his business and his objectives...so he can run it however he pleases.

Regardless, I hope his family health issues are worked out with a positive outcome. That definitely is more important than his business for now and hopefully customers respect that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mark makes great stuff. He is a very talented machinist, but not a talented businessman. If he wants to grow his business, he needs to make the barrels prior to taking money and eliminate any delivery date estimates. Paying for something in advance probably kills 50% of his potential customers. The crazy wait times and poor communication probably kills 80% of the remainder as ever being repeat customers.

In the end, it is his business and his objectives...so he can run it however he pleases.

Regardless, I hope his family health issues are worked out with a positive outcome. That definitely is more important than his business for now and hopefully customers respect that.
View Quote

I definitely respect it and know where he is coming from...but I also want his product..
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I asked him when they would be available then sent in a check around that time.  Turnaround was just a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I asked him when they would be available then sent in a check around that time.  Turnaround was just a couple of weeks.
View Quote

Well you got lucky or got in right at the end when a batch released.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I love the "I'll happily send a refund if you don't want to wait" attitude from gunsmiths after you've already paid up front and waited the time that they quoted you. Only in the firearms community do we put up with this crap, but I guess when it's a niche market they can get away with it.

BTW, I also bought a 9mm 3-lug barrel from Mark a few years back, as well as had him cut down my PS90 barrel. His work is excellent, but as stated earlier his communication is not always the greatest and his lead times are usually optimistic. Would I do business with him again? Yes, but I wouldn't look forward to waiting.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love the "I'll happily send a refund if you don't want to wait" attitude from gunsmiths after you've already paid up front and waited the time that they quoted you. Only in the firearms community do we put up with this crap, but I guess when it's a niche market they can get away with it.

BTW, I also bought a 9mm 3-lug barrel from Mark a few years back, as well as had him cut down my PS90 barrel. His work is excellent, but as stated earlier his communication is not always the greatest and his lead times are usually optimistic. Would I do business with him again? Yes, but I wouldn't look forward to waiting.
View Quote

Exactly, I have waited this long already...I want the product lol
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I am looking for a three lug adapter for my AR barrel and see that TROS is the brand that talked about the most.  Seeing that alot of you have to wait for about 3 months, what do you guys think about alternatives like from HK Parts or Xcaliber Firearms?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am looking for a three lug adapter for my AR barrel and see that TROS is the brand that talked about the most.  Seeing that alot of you have to wait for about 3 months, what do you guys think about alternatives like from HK Parts or Xcaliber Firearms?
View Quote

I got a adaptor from hk parts that I plan on rocksetting to my barrel. That being said I haven't used it yet. The one thing I noticed was the adaptor is its threaded quite a bit longer then then my barrel so you can see the threads on the inside
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been using a hkparts 1/2x28 3 lug adapter for some time now and have had no problems. I rocksetted it to my barrel and my Tirant fits on it perfect.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've been using a hkparts 1/2x28 3 lug adapter for some time now and have had no problems. I rocksetted it to my barrel and my Tirant fits on it perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The threaded barrel/3lug mount was my next option if I didn't go TROS. but i liked the tros idea best
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I have 2 different TROS tri lug adapters, one in 1/2x28 and one in 1/2x36.  I had to wait for both of them, but I'm glad I did.  Both mate up perfectly with my JB Tactical tri lug mount for my TiRant 45.  I believe Mark at TROS is a one man show, that sometimes means delays, but to me it also insures you will get a 100% quality product in most cases.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have 2 different TROS tri lug adapters, one in 1/2x28 and one in 1/2x36.  I had to wait for both of them, but I'm glad I did.  Both mate up perfectly with my JB Tactical tri lug mount for my TiRant 45.  I believe Mark at TROS is a one man show, that sometimes means delays, but to me it also insures you will get a 100% quality product in most cases.
View Quote

And Ill continue to wait!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#29]
This thread finally got me to finish cutting down my rail and installing my 3-lug adaptor

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone hear anything from Tros?  I e-mailed him a couple weeks ago and have not got a response.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone hear anything from Tros?  I e-mailed him a couple weeks ago and have not got a response.
View Quote

He replied to my email the other day. He had some family issues going on....

"It's going to be several more weeks.  I've lost a lot of shop time with some family health problems.  If you don't want to wait just say the word and I'll be happy to send a refund."

So we will continue to wait...
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I ordered a 9" 3 lug barrel from Tros in May, was told 8 weeks or so.  2 weeks later it shows up.  Yay.  Ordered a 5" 3 lug in early June and was told 12+ weeks,  from what I'm reading these last few posts it will be some time yet.  Bummer as my Octane 9 Form 4 came the other day.  (individual, check cashed to form in hand 11 weeks)
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I ordered a 9" 3 lug barrel from Tros in May, was told 8 weeks or so.  2 weeks later it shows up.  Yay.  Ordered a 5" 3 lug in early June and was told 12+ weeks,  from what I'm reading these last few posts it will be some time yet.  Bummer as my Octane 9 Form 4 came the other day.  (individual, check cashed to form in hand 11 weeks)
View Quote

I ordered around June 13th (when he received my money). Was originally told 6-8 weeks...So now its just a gamble when its gonna show up...
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone gotten a TROS 3 lug barrel lately?  Just  bumping this thread to see if any of you guys have been getting anything.  

I'm wanting to finish a 5" upper, and could get a barrel right now and just direct thread my Octane, but I really like the integral TROS 3 lug barrels.

I hate to cancel an order from a small shop like this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone gotten a TROS 3 lug barrel lately?  Just  bumping this thread to see if any of you guys have been getting anything.  

I'm wanting to finish a 5" upper, and could get a barrel right now and just direct thread my Octane, but I really like the integral TROS 3 lug barrels.

I hate to cancel an order from a small shop like this.
View Quote

Still nothing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Just hang in there.   I'm an impatient person when it comes to my toys, but Mark's stuff is worth the wait.  He makes a unique product of very high quality.  Waiting sucks though...
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just hang in there.   I'm an impatient person when it comes to my toys, but Mark's stuff is worth the wait.  He makes a unique product of very high quality.  Waiting sucks though...
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doing my best. It is hard when you file for a Form 1after you order the barrel that takes 3 months and gets approved and the barrel still isnt ready.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#39]
It's worth it to have rifling to the end of the 3 lug. Not conducive to accuracy if you have a void on the end of your barrel for carbon lead and fouling to build up (female exposed threads on 3 lug adapter).
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's worth it to have rifling to the end of the 3 lug. Not conducive to accuracy if you have a void on the end of your barrel for carbon lead and fouling to build up (female exposed threads on 3 lug adapter).
View Quote

No doubt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Sent Mark my money for the 5" 3-lug barrel yesterday.  He quoted 6-8 weeks.  I'm not in a hurry (even if it takes much longer); great press on the quality of his workmanship; and well, he appears to be the only source for what I want.

Patience grasshopper...
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sent Mark my money for the 5" 3-lug barrel yesterday.  He quoted 6-8 weeks.  I'm not in a hurry (even if it takes much longer); great press on the quality of his workmanship; and well, he appears to be the only source for what I want.

Patients grasshopper...
View Quote

Another 6-8 weeks? Really? This is getting a little ridiculous. But I will keep waiting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Having bought 2 of these barrels (at different times) I can confirm:

1. It does take longer than estimated lead times.

2. The quality is worth the wait.

3. Mark always offers to refund your money, if you are not willing to wait.

4. You will not be sorry for your purchase if you exercise a little patience.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Having bought 2 of these barrels (at different times) I can confirm:

1. It does take longer than estimated lead times.

2. The quality is worth the wait.

3. Mark always offers to refund your money, if you are not willing to wait.

4. You will not be sorry for your purchase if you exercise a little patience.

View Quote

I have no doubt it will be quality. Just ready to finish my SBR
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Any word?
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Any word?
View Quote

Nope...
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nope...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any word?

Nope...

I emailed him last week and was told another 6 to 8 weeks still yet...
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any word?

Nope...

You have got to be kidding me...lol. He notified me that he received payment 6/14. Still waiting... I feel like I am waiting for a suppressor
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 4:00:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Dang it, I saw this back up top and thought there had been a TROS barrel sighting.  
So 2 more months?
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:45:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dang it, I saw this back up top and thought there had been a TROS barrel sighting.  
So 2 more months?
View Quote

Id assume so...I didn't get a reply like the other guy did...So anyways guess
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top