Posted: 7/29/2015 4:21:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
One of theese is going to be your best friend, you will thank me later
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got both C Products mags as well as Metalform ones.  

After loading and unloading a couple times with the c products mags I always see orange flakes from the follower rubbing off.  Maybe take some off the sides?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of theese is going to be your best friend, you will thank me later
View Quote

What he said!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Loooola for sure, don't leave home without it
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Pull the base plate off and remove the spring and follower.
Wear your eye protection.

Place just the follower back in the mag body and see if it gets loose then tight, Etc.

If you have a tight spot it may be just flash from the mold.

I think my CPD's were a little stiff in spots. But they are working now.

9 m.m AR's are like a Harley flathead. You gots to tinker to get them running.
BUT MAN, that first ride is worth it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 5 or 6 32rd CMags i got several years ago that I can not load more than 10-12 rounds into.  Have tried cutting down the followers, sanded inside, and other things.  Can not make them work. Got 10 ASC mags and they work and load perfectly
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#8]
The C-Products design is notorious for being stiff and sticky with actual rounds until the follower is broken in enough to slide well inside the magazine body.  Because of the angle of the follower, the stress applied by rounds doesn't go straight down.  Pushing the follower down with a rod or screwdriver, you have control of what direction the pressure goes, so it'll feel fine.  This happened to me when I bought a bunch of C-Products magazines, and it took a lot of load/unload cycles (with dummies) to get the follower on the first one to run smoothly.  For the rest, I looked at the followers, and found some of them needed a little smoothing.  With a tiny bit of rubbing on extra fine sandpaper, they ran great.

And you WILL enjoy a Lula "Colt SMG" loader.  It makes it simple and easy to load any number of rounds in these magazines.  No scraped thumbs, no sore hands, no "whack it on a table" tactics.  Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine were also a pain in the ass to load right away.  They are easy now and I use my fingers.  Love these mags they are cheap and work great in my AR9
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top