Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 5:16:03 PM EDT
I wanted to create a thread dedicated to short rails that may often be used on pistol and rimfire AR's with short barrels. I would classify a short rail as anything shorter than standard 7" carbine rails. Please post the rails you know of that fit this criteria.

Thanks.

Daniel Defense Lite 4.0- 4" Quad Rail

ERGO 2 Piece EZ- 4" Quad Rail

Odin Works- 5.5" Keymod

Samson STAR 4 -4" Quad Rail

UTG Pro- 4" Quad Rail

YHM Mini -4.25" Keymod

YHM Mini LW- 4" Quad Rail

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
SLR 4.25" Intrepid
SLR 4.75" Solo Mid Series Keymod
SLR 5.5" Solo Mid Series Keymod
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was looking for a short hand guard, the only ones I could find that I liked, were no longer available. I loved the Daniel Defense 4" lite rail but could not find one. I ended up buying  an airsoft version on eBay and it actually turned out pretty nice. It works for both .22 and PCC's since there is no hole for the gas tube. I found that Madbull is licensed to make replica hand guards from several different companies. I also found this LaRue 4" on Aliexpress.com. It looks cheap enough to try but I never cared for the barrel nut.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LaRue-4-0-inch-Hand-Guard-Rail-System-for-AEG-M4-M16-free-shipping/1105736956.html
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I was lucky enough to get the last dd 4" rail they had. I actually called Daniel defense to see if they had any and he told me they have one just sitting in a back room and that was it and they didn't plan to make anymore. I asked who I could pay and ordered it. I've been thinking lately to swap it out for the slr rail.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was lucky enough to get the last dd 4" rail they had. I actually called Daniel defense to see if they had any and he told me they have one just sitting in a back room and that was it and they didn't plan to make anymore. I asked who I could pay and ordered it. I've been thinking lately to swap it out for the slr rail.
View Quote

SLR rail does look nice.

Let me know if you decide to get rid of the DD 4 as I may be interested.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#5]
SLR is really stepping up with uncommon rail lengths.
I got the Odin 5.5 but not 100% sold on it. For some reason, the last inch of top rail has no mounting slots. This makes an already short sight radius even shorter without any reason other than a place to put their logo.
I guess I could get my machine shop nephew to add a couple slots so I can put the front sight out to the end.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have not actually seen any of the shorter SLR handguards but they definitely interest me.  

SLR doesn't even have any pictures on their own website and google images comes up empty as well.  

I would like to see some photos of the SLR 4.25" Intrepid & SLR 4.75" Solo Mid Series Keymod, particularly the bottom of the rail so I can determine what type of VFG that could be attached and where it would need to be positioned.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have not actually seen any of the shorter SLR handguards but they definitely interest me.  

SLR doesn't even have any pictures on their own website and google images comes up empty as well.  

I would like to see some photos of the SLR 4.25" Intrepid & SLR 4.75" Solo Mid Series Keymod, particularly the bottom of the rail so I can determine what type of VFG that could be attached and where it would need to be positioned.
View Quote

There are some on their instagram.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I will ask my daughter to look them up for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't know about the SLR handguards, so that's cool.

No handguards is also an option if the barrel is short enough.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 4.25" SLR Rail on my 5.5" SBR and it fits perfectly.  I'll try to get a photo posted tonight for everyone to see.  SLR did post photos on their website in case you want to see what they look like.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Rock river has a coule extended pistol length handguards. The DLX and TRO are 6.125".

Model 1 has a pistol length tubes if someone doesn't care for rails, mlok, keymod, etc.

Midwest industries pistol length

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm interested in this. *Shouldn't* be too expensive but we shall see.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top