Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2015 9:36:41 AM EDT
I was going to go with ammarms mag block, but they had a problem with their current batch.
I could go promag for 38 bucks while I wait, or mas def has one for around 129 vs the 175 for RRA or 200 for hahn.

http://www.shop.masdefense.com/9MM-MAGWELL-CONVERSION-BLOCK-DROP-IN-9MWCB.htm

so are they any good? is there another choice?

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd wait for the AMM/buffer combo..I have 2, they just work. Having said this, the MAS block looks like and is described exactly like the AMM..just $40 more. I wouldn't be surprised if that mag block isn't an AMM made for/resold by MAS.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd wait for the AMM/buffer combo..I have 2, they just work. Having said this, the MAS block looks like and is described exactly like the AMM..just $40 more. I wouldn't be surprised if that mag block isn't an AMM made for/resold by MAS.

View Quote

+1 wait for AMM I just used one in a new build and it works flawlessly!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
lol, ugh. 4 months.
I guess it makes sense and I should just hold off. the last part in my build.
the whole thing sitting there just laughing because I am missing one part.

GPI is having a sale on dedicated lowers and I was thinking about doing that is how desperate I am to shoot this finally. lol. oh well, I will put it in the back of my safe and wait for them to come back in stock.
thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing wrong IMO with dedicated lower, they look like great lowers, I have a pre ban colt runs flawlessly with any ammo/mags I put in it including my own modified Uzi mags. But so far so does my AMM block.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was going to go with ammarms mag block, but they had a problem with their current batch.
I could go promag for 38 bucks while I wait, or mas def has one for around 129 vs the 175 for RRA or 200 for hahn.

http://www.shop.masdefense.com/9MM-MAGWELL-CONVERSION-BLOCK-DROP-IN-9MWCB.htm

so are they any good? is there another choice?

View Quote

whats wrong with the current batch?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one of them on back order and they emailed everyone yesterday there was some issue with the batch coming out, and they were giving refunds now since the next batch would be 12-14 weeks out.
just that there was some issue with the casting and they couldn't be fixed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm all for the promag block. Buy it if it works you saved some money for ammo.  It works really good for me except with flat point ammo.  Over 1000 rounds no issues yet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm all for the promag block. Buy it if it works you saved some money for ammo.  It works really good for me except with flat point ammo.  Over 1000 rounds no issues yet.
View Quote

I would have, but jse is sold out of those now too. lol.

guess I will wait and see who gets some in first.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
GPI for $125 is the route I'd go.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top